Resource Guarding

My 1yo border collie girl has developed a rather naughty habit of resource guarding. She is fine to meet other dogs. Will happily heel through a crowd of dogs but if I stand around talking to people then I start having a problem. If I am standing talking and the other dogs approach then she will dart in front of me and snap at them. There is not a lot of aggression in it. Doubt it would actually result in a fight. She also guards my bag. She does it at home with the other dogs.

She has also tried to stop dogs going up to their owners!! And if a dog near us at school is acting up she wants to go and tell it off.

None of the other dogs have reacted at all aggressively to her doing this. Some ignore her. Most just back off. She is very much warning rather then wanting to go them. I have a warning prior to her snapping as she eyeballs first.

She is good off lead with other dogs as long as I am walking. If we stop to chat she will then come and 'guard' me.

Beyond me having to keep an eye on her it isn't a major problem. She is desexed. She obeys a 'leave it' command or 'no' command.

Is interesting behaviour though. Has anyone else had this?