Fleas

geggy

Hi thanks for the imformation for holly, i need your help again holly is 8 1/2 weeks old lab we have been to the vet and was given a flea treatment advantage single dose we have also given her a bath but she still got a lot of fleas. she loves her bed, its a round cats bed we have wash it and try an hang it in the sun but she still scratches all the time, what else can we do :confused:

Guest june.andnovas

get your hands on neem oil and rub over her coat and the cats too. Also try to find neem oil as a dog wash. It works really well. Quite a nice smell too.

I've found it at health food stores.

How soon after the vet flea treated her did you bath her? You are supposed to wait at least 24 (maybe even 48 I can't remember) hours before you get the dog wet. If not you may need to do the treatment again.

ETA: Just looked at my Frontline instructions and you must wait 48 hours after treatement before you shampoo the dog and I would think what the vet used would be the same so if you bathed her before that time was up you would need to do it again but check with vet first if that is ok.

Edited by lizandel

my mum used to buy advantage for her westie and it had absolutely no effect on the fleas even using it fortnightly. so maybe they are resistant to it now. She now uses frontline and it works well. I use revolution which also works well and it does the heartworm treatment as well.