We Are Back In Training

After several years break from obedience due to the sudden death of my Mum, Dad's failing health and my health issues this week I have started our two Rough Collies back in Obedience and I am loving it and so are they ;) My case manager has re-gigged my Respite Hours so that someone is here to care for my darling Dad whilst we go off for lessons once a fortnight.

My avatar girl, Phoebe, had done a bit when she was a pup but her daughter Gracie had done zilch except for Stand in Conformation.

They both did really well at their first official lesson amd my Trainer and Mentor was pleased with them too.

They both may still do Conformation but with another Handler .

Woohoo- back in the field I Love and we may yet even dabble in some herding :laugh:

Thanks JulesP

I am really pleased with both our Collies progress so far.

They get so excited when I get the leads out and say the word "work"( I always used to say that to my other Collies I did obedience with) . I have to shut one inside whilst I work the other in the backyard as otherwise I would be doing "brace" obedience. I am very lucky that they both are food orientated.

Our biggest "problem" area is the Drop as they have not done it before but they are slowly getting the idea.

As they say" Rome was not built in a day!"

Thanks JulesP

I am really pleased with both our Collies progress so far.

They get so excited when I get the leads out and say the word "work"( I always used to say that to my other Collies I did obedience with) . I have to shut one inside whilst I work the other in the backyard as otherwise I would be doing "brace" obedience. I am very lucky that they both are food orientated.

Our biggest "problem" area is the Drop as they have not done it before but they are slowly getting the idea.

As they say" Rome was not built in a day!"

Hey,if I can get a foxie to drop anyone can get a dog to drop.I only started training him 2 weeks ago and we've progressed 2 classes in that time at obedience.Must say I'm dumbfounded as I normally train my shepherds and have never spent any time with the foxie

Good Luck with it all :laugh:

Good luck with it Colleen. It'll be good to see a few more collies out there showing they're more than just pretty faces. Sounds likes you and your girls are enjoying yourselves. Just think with all the show traing they'll have lovely stands.