Tents For Trials

SSS

Hi all,

looking for some recommendations of good tents for shows/trials. Thought the best people to ask were other dog people! I need something that is easy (very easy) to put up :laugh: , good quality, and big enough for one person and two small dogs. Ideally it would pack down fairly small as I have a small car.

Usually I just go to a hotel/motel when I travel to agility trials but its very expensive so I think a tent would be a worthwhile investment.

Thanks

I have an OzTent - not cheap but is the only thing I can put up by myself at 155cm (me!). Goes up in about 10 seconds and was well worth the money. I think they have a website, so you could google them and have a look.

At a trial last year when there was a severe storm overnight, the only tents left standing were the OzTents.

Doesn't fold down all that small though so you would probably need to consider roofracks?

why not have a think about the gazebo tents, oztrail have gazebo tents that fit the deluxe model (not sure if they fit sideways into a sedan though.

the other thing to consider is a small camper trailer, they fold out in seconds and you and the dogs have a nice bed above ground with a secure tent for your living area.

around.

fifi

Supercheap Auto have a sale on atm and are selling their gazebo's for $129, not sure of the quality.

I started with a tent but graduated to a gazebo because I found I needed the extra space. I've got roof racks on my car so that's a help when travelling.

Excellent, thanks I will have a google :angel: I do have a gazebo that I sit under at trials, hadnt heard of gazebo 'tents' though so I'll look into it.

I saw these great small camper trailers at the local garden store of all places, looked absolutely fantastic - until I asked the price :love: the base model was $9000... so I will be looking for a 2nd hand one for sure :love: