Delta Training In Perth

If you are actually looking to do the CGC award with your dog, it would pay to ring or email the Delta national office to see who is or has run the test recently.

Not all trainers have the facilities/staff/helpers etc etc to run the testing on a regular basis and many may run you through the training but send you off somewhere else to do the actual testing.

You could try calling Desma she may know.

Desma Mcleod

Desma's Dog Training

Private consultations, group classes and puppy classes.

Phone: 0407 894 200

Email: [email protected]

Mel.

If you are actually looking to do the CGC award with your dog, it would pay to ring or email the Delta national office to see who is or has run the test recently.

Not all trainers have the facilities/staff/helpers etc etc to run the testing on a regular basis and many may run you through the training but send you off somewhere else to do the actual testing.

Thanks for that. I know of two facilities that offer the training and one of those is run by a CGC award assessor so I am leaning towards going there. It doesn't appear that many WA DOLers have sat for the award :laugh:

Edited by Drumbeat

Unfortunately there is not a large proportion around the country full stop. We ran a test in Melbourne a few months ago and passed 6 people, there are obviously more who have completed but I'm not sure on numbers.

Doesn't help that it isn't a recognised title yet, it is a great test IMO for basic obedience and manners.

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

The Canine Good Companion isn't the same as the Delta Canine Good Citizen (both are initials CGC....confusing much??? :rofl: ), but both Georgia (Paw Prints) and Lesley (Good Manners) are Delta accredited instructors, you will be in safe hands with both/either.

Good Manners is currently running a Canine Good Citizen course. I believe, to the best of my knowlege, the class that graduate will be the first in WA to do so.

You would need to complete the Delta CGC level one, then progress to level two in order to gain the qualification.

ooh...glad I read this thread!

Will be ringing Good Manners first thing Mon morning!

Both Good Manners and Paw Prints are starting their next basic course in January.

All signed up and ready to go!

We're starting this Saturday - the class will run for 4 weeks instead of 6, with longer time's each week to make up the 2 weeks missing. Then they go back to normal 6 weeks with the next class starting end of Jan.