Old Age

gusmum

Hello dog lovers, need your advise:

What are the normal signs of old age and what changes should I look out for that need immediate vet care?

My beautiful Vizsla Gus is 13-14yrs and in the last couple of weeks tends to drop on grassy patches on our walks. I no longer walk him as far for fear of stressing him too much. Is this arthritis? He's on/off Pernaese powder but wondering if there is something better/effective?

Thanks in advance.

Hello dog lovers, need your advise:

What are the normal signs of old age and what changes should I look out for that need immediate vet care?

My beautiful Vizsla Gus is 13-14yrs and in the last couple of weeks tends to drop on grassy patches on our walks. I no longer walk him as far for fear of stressing him too much. Is this arthritis? He's on/off Pernaese powder but wondering if there is something better/effective?

Thanks in advance.

I think I'd be getting him checked over by the vet. If he is in pain some meds will help and no point him suffering needlessly.

Hi Gus. He might be loosing some feeling in his back end around this time. Does he drag his rear legs, do his back toes turn under without him noticing? How is he going getting up and down?

He stumbles sometimes on his back legs. He still likes to get up on the couch or bed and sometimes he does it on his own, other times I help him up.