Rip Simba

spikey

Two days ago I was watching an tape in my old video camera of Simba when I first brought him home 6 years ago, a tiny black and gold scrap of GSD, galumphing around the backyard, and rolling about with his stuffed panda toy. My marriage broke up when he was 5 months old, so then it was just Simba and I on our own. I was struggling to put my world back together, drowning in financial and emotional difficulties, battling with severe health issues, and eventually had to make the heartbreaking decision to find another home for my beloved boy.

He went to live with a couple a few suburbs away - they absolutely doted on him, they had another dog for him to play with, lots of company and attention, visits to the beach and the park practically every day and even a acreage outside Perth where they would go on weekends - it was doggy heaven and I couldn't have found a better home. I will always be thankful that these lovely people came along at the right time and will be forever grateful that they gave him such a wonderful life. They had a little girl 18 months ago, and Simba was her big brother, always looking after her - a gentle giant of a dog and everyone who met him couldn't help but fall in love with him. His new owners kept in touch, sending me photos and news on his "adventures" - I even went to visit him a couple of times, most recently earlier this year, and it was wonderful to see how contented and happy he was.

My world came crashing down yesterday when his distraught Mum and Dad contacted me to say he'd suffered an attack of bloat - they rushed him to the vet for emergency surgery, but it was too late, and they made the only decision they could - to not let him wake up from the anaesthetic. They are devastated, and so am I. He was such a good, happy, loving dog and I can't believe he's gone. I owe Simba my sanity and my life - he was the only thing that kept me going after my divorce, there are many times I would have gone under if it had not been for him. He gave his new owners over 4 years of love and loyalty and many, many happy memories - he truly was an "angel on four paws" and a dog in a million who can never be replaced in our hearts.

RIP Sim, we will never forget you.

Yes, Simba was very much loved - every day of those 4 years since he went to his new home, I missed him and he was always in my thoughts. I still can't believe he's gone :love: My heart breaks for his Mum and Dad - I lost my old GSD to bloat about 6 months before I got Simba - my boy survived the initial attack but then had to be put to sleep 4 days later as his whole system started to shut down. At least I had a few days with him to say goodbye. Sim's Mum and Dad didn't get that chance, as they made the courageous decision to not let him wake to any pain and suffering, but to just go peacefully to eternal sleep. So he's now with my old boy at Rainbow Bridge, together with the dogs they have loved and lost in the past, and I know we will all be together again one day.

Two days ago I was watching an tape in my old video camera of Simba when I first brought him home 6 years ago, a tiny black and gold scrap of GSD, galumphing around the backyard, and rolling about with his stuffed panda toy. My marriage broke up when he was 5 months old, so then it was just Simba and I on our own. I was struggling to put my world back together, drowning in financial and emotional difficulties, battling with severe health issues, and eventually had to make the heartbreaking decision to find another home for my beloved boy.

He went to live with a couple a few suburbs away - they absolutely doted on him, they had another dog for him to play with, lots of company and attention, visits to the beach and the park practically every day and even a acreage outside Perth where they would go on weekends - it was doggy heaven and I couldn't have found a better home. I will always be thankful that these lovely people came along at the right time and will be forever grateful that they gave him such a wonderful life. They had a little girl 18 months ago, and Simba was her big brother, always looking after her - a gentle giant of a dog and everyone who met him couldn't help but fall in love with him. His new owners kept in touch, sending me photos and news on his "adventures" - I even went to visit him a couple of times, most recently earlier this year, and it was wonderful to see how contented and happy he was.

My world came crashing down yesterday when his distraught Mum and Dad contacted me to say he'd suffered an attack of bloat - they rushed him to the vet for emergency surgery, but it was too late, and they made the only decision they could - to not let him wake up from the anaesthetic. They are devastated, and so am I. He was such a good, happy, loving dog and I can't believe he's gone. I owe Simba my sanity and my life - he was the only thing that kept me going after my divorce, there are many times I would have gone under if it had not been for him. He gave his new owners over 4 years of love and loyalty and many, many happy memories - he truly was an "angel on four paws" and a dog in a million who can never be replaced in our hearts.

RIP Sim, we will never forget you.

Aw, Rest in peace Simba.

He sounded like a wondeful boy