Sensitve Gums

Red bleeing gums are a sign of gingivitis or gum diesease. The by products from the plaque irritate the gums. I would brush daily even if they bleed a little. After a few days the should look pink instead of red, and the bleeding should cease. Is it a soft peoples brush?

Red bleeing gums are a sign of gingivitis or gum diesease. The by products from the plaque irritate the gums. I would brush daily even if they bleed a little. After a few days the should look pink instead of red, and the bleeding should cease. Is it a soft peoples brush?

Yes.

She also doesnt like to eat hard foods.

fussiest dog thread

for background info :thumbsup:

hamishn andy..

with her needing to put on weight, being 'fussy' and not liking to chew bones etc, and having sensitive gums...and that tummy upset..... she may have some general underlying health problem.... maybe ?

has she put on weight since you first posted?

Yeah im thinking its her mouth thats the problem.

She has put on about 700gms but ive only been feeding mince.

Edited by hamish-n-andy

rather than a 'soft people's toothbrush" I would buy the toothbrushes designed for toddlers first teeth. These are what I use - and find them the best for littlies and youngsters.

And you could try chicken wing 'tips" to get her more interested in bones, just freeze the rest of the chicken wing until such time as she is eager to progress to the real bones - no wasteage that way.

Also, you can warm the bones, don't cook, to make them smell and taste more appetising.

Edited by Clankaree