Toileting During Bike Ride

I have an 18 months Affie (Sandy). I do a lot of bike rides with her and she enjoys it a lot. The problem is she goes (both no.1 and No.2) during the bike ride. I also tried to take her for a short walk before the ride so that she can empty herself but since the ride is usually 1 hour long and she will still go again.I stop as soon as I feel she stops but it will take a drag of about 5 to 6 feet for me to stop. My worry is this may do her some harm (luckily so far not yet). I am wondering if she can be trained to keep me a cue before she goes during the bike ride. Does anyone have the same experience?

Running helps bowel movements.

Why dont you ride for half the distance, stop let her off for a toilet break and than continue?

Both my dogs preffer to toiled off lead BTW, will go on lead if they must but its quicker if I let them to do it off lead.

You rest the dog every 15 mins or so? I wouldnt be trying to stop her, toileting during exercise will do no harm at all to the dog.

my worry is dragging her for 5-6 feet may hurt her paws. I will try MonElite's advice to give her a toilet break every 15 minutes and see how she goes. Thank you for your advice (including ME's of course:)).

In addition....

Appologies for graphic description below...

if you let your girl pee before the bike ride she shouldnt have a need to pee for an hour, its strange she does.

Poo on another hand needs some time, so I suggest ride for 15-20 minutes than let her off to toilet and she should be fine for the rest of the trip.

As I have dobes its easy for me to see their anus when we go bike riding and I can see it opening, so I than stop and let the dog toilet.

But even if you miss the signs and she toilets and you drag her I doubt you will hurt her.

Both my dogs preffer to toiled off lead BTW, will go on lead if they must but its quicker if I let them to do it off lead.

Letting an affie off lead, particularly an 18 month old, is probably not a great idea unless you want a lot more exercise than you planed for. :eek:

At 18 mths you can probably go longer than 15 minutes before resting - remember we are talking about a sighthound here. I'd feel comfortable going for 30 min before having a break.

Bear.