Puppy Loves To Chase The Goat

spoilt lab lives here

We hae a mini Goat, Teddy he is a sweetiepie! My BF'S 3 months old GSD Leila likes to chase him. She doesnt bite but does chase till we call her off it. Now I have had all the animals sleeping in the run of a night and little Teddy this morning had 2 puncture wounds on his back near his tail. Im assuming Leila has actually followed through with the chase.

Is there a way to stop this behaviour. I realise its in their breed to herd but my little Goat doesnt need it!

TIA

Keep them separate and never allow her to chase the goat. She does bite - now. She'll be big enough to maul before you know it.

Herding behaviour is modified prey drive.. this is just asking for trouble, not to mention stressful for a prey animal.

I'd not allow her unsupervised access to the goat - ever.

Edited by poodlefan

Please get Teddy to a vet as well ! Dog bites can become infected :love:

Your BF's pup and the goat need to be penned seperately....................

Please do NOT have them all in together :D puppies will chase....

As for training /stockproofing her..I will leave that to the experts .

We have standard sized goats, who will bunt/roll pups.. and pups do not do it again.!!

Teddy has been to the vet and the vet told me to bathe it in peroxide morning and night.

Teddy is a mini goat with no chance of butting or even kicking (he doesnt seem to know how) the pup. Leila is definatly not being penned or left in the yard free with Teddy from now. I should have known not to leave him with Leila!

Ramses loves Teddy and never even glances at him when he walks past. GSD's are just not Labs! lol