Pressure Sores/callouses

rosegold

Hi All,

Has anyone found a cream/ointment to aid callouses on dogs elbows that is not too oily and sticky. One of my goldies callouses has cracked/opened up and I have been using sea minerals demal ointment. I find this works well except it is so oily and sticky on the coat, which creates it's own problems. I find trying to get this grease out of the coat difficult especially as I don't want to make the elbows any sorer.

I know soft bedding would be the best solution, however this is just a little difficult at the moment in FNQ no matter what types of beds I provide my goldies will always choose the tiles or concrete.

Cheers :laugh:

My vet recommended Sorbolene with Glycerine for one of my labs that has a callous problem. I got a 325ml container with a Pump dispenser from the Chemist for around $5.00 :laugh:

Hi All,

Has anyone found a cream/ointment to aid callouses on dogs elbows that is not too oily and sticky. One of my goldies callouses has cracked/opened up and I have been using sea minerals demal ointment. I find this works well except it is so oily and sticky on the coat, which creates it's own problems. I find trying to get this grease out of the coat difficult especially as I don't want to make the elbows any sorer.

I know soft bedding would be the best solution, however this is just a little difficult at the moment in FNQ no matter what types of beds I provide my goldies will always choose the tiles or concrete.

Cheers :laugh:

Thanks Labsrule, I'll try that and see if it is easier to get out of the coat.

It is not for trying with the bedding, they have snooza beds, cool champion mats, drybed, towels, carpet etc but for some reason these can't compete with longterm lying on concrete and tiles. Dogs!!! :laugh:

Didn't think of Eulactyl Heel Balm, I will try this too.

Wow SAS, I have never seen anything like that. Someone was creative the day when they thought of that. It would give my boy a new hobby that's for sure - trying to find his way out of it.

Maybe I should look at some products that will help get the oil out of the coat.