Advice / Opinions About Puppy Vaccination Schedule Please.

mplsv

On the same topic - my Cav pup is 13weeks old, she has had two shots, last one being at 12weeks. My breeder has advised against giving the 16week shot because she has had a pup who reacted badly (ended up dying) and is consequently very put off. On the other hand the vet is pro-vaccinating, either for the money or for the wellbeing of the dog. The 16week shot covers kennel cough and is given as a nasal spray. I dont intend on ever kennelling her, but i want to feel safe taking her to the beach, parks, etc. Im at a bit of a loss as to what i should do......

It is a hard d to make, pros and cons. Yes some react and some dont. For me the thing was I was also training my dogs so they ahd to be vaccinated x 3 and with this club also yearly vaccs. We never thought we would kennel our boys either but we went to Melbourne and took them and they were kenneled, we are going away again next week and the boys will be kenneled so had to have the booster. With the pup I am not prepared to risk her getting parvo which is rampant around here apparently again, so the 3rd shot she will have. Thankfully she hasnt reacted to any of the first 2. I do find it unusual that a pup would react on the 3rd vacc and not the others though? Has anyone else had that happen at all? I know with my cats a vet I used gave my kittens an F5 when I had asked for F3 and they reacted to that (the F5) so I wasnt happy (they are alive) I guess it is like people too, some are allergic to certain drugs and cant have them but you dont know till you have it. As to what you should do, only you can make that choice, research as much as you can in the next couple of weeks and then make up your mind.

Vaccination at 3months of age covers them for 12 months.. I have only ever in over 20 yrs done two vaccinations and the third has only ever been the 2nd bordatella.. Now I use the nasal spray with second vacc and then booster in twelve months. The vaccination card will say booster required 12months form the date.. So they are fully vaccinated. Nobivac is only two doses. Some vets I feel do the 3 vacc so if anything happens then it wont come back on them and also for the cash!!! Just IMO

Vaccination at 3months of age covers them for 12 months.. I have only ever in over 20 yrs done two vaccinations and the third has only ever been the 2nd bordatella.. Now I use the nasal spray with second vacc and then booster in twelve months. The vaccination card will say booster required 12months form the date.. So they are fully vaccinated. Nobivac is only two doses. Some vets I feel do the 3 vacc so if anything happens then it wont come back on them and also for the cash!!! Just IMO

At what age do you do the first vac?

Im lucky my vet doesnt charge the earth :-)

At what age do you do the first vac?

Im lucky my vet doesnt charge the earth :-)

6-7 weeks for first vacc..

On the same topic - my Cav pup is 13weeks old, she has had two shots, last one being at 12weeks. My breeder has advised against giving the 16week shot because she has had a pup who reacted badly (ended up dying) and is consequently very put off. On the other hand the vet is pro-vaccinating, either for the money or for the wellbeing of the dog. The 16week shot covers kennel cough and is given as a nasal spray. I dont intend on ever kennelling her, but i want to feel safe taking her to the beach, parks, etc. Im at a bit of a loss as to what i should do......

Check with any of the vet people here - you will find that the majority of dogs who present with KC have in fact been vaccinated for KC. There are only a few strains of KC in the vaccination and there are many more strains of KC out there.

The 12 week shot also contains the KC component.