Eagle Pack

charli73

We changed our amstaff from supercoat sensitive to EPH as he has shocking skin problems, we can't speak more highly about it - within 3/4 days of feeding EPH, his stomach and legs were no where near as red and inflamed - his coat so far doesn't seem to be suffering atm but we will keep an eye on that and his weight. We also give him a chicken frame or chicken mince with his dry - though I have been told by quite a few people now that I should never feed RAW chicken, it should always be cooked and stripped and fed to them......... we always thought that they were good for them??? Should we be cooking them??? We unfortunately can't feed our boy any red meat as this seems to stir up his allergies again, so chicken really is the only other option(other than the sardines he gets now).

Sorry for highjacking your thread, but this was pretty much what we were thinking lol.

I have heard many rottweiler owners have switched from EPH to Artemis (aust company) and they are all pleased with it. Artemis are our the RCV's new sponsors so I am sure many of us will be changing for that reason. At this stage I am still happy with EPH and probably will not change unless I win a bag *LOL*

Just to clarify, Artemis is not an australian company. They are american. They do make great good though :laugh:

RMB - Raw meaty bones aka Raw

I have switched my two to this diet recently. The rmb is meaty bones your dog can eat completely. Eg, chicken carcasses, lamb flaps/necks, turkey necks etc.

The rest of the food is mince/veges/offall and a whole huge list.

This is a recent topic with some info on amounts.... How much to feed on raw

Basically, your dog should eat 2-3% of their body weight, more if they are a pup.

You split this amount into RMB (I'm doing 70% I think) and all the other stuff. Look up sites by Ian billinghurst

Some people feed the prey diet instead which tries to emulate whole animals.

Have fun researching :laugh:

Thanks, been looking into it, I have tried giving her RMB but she hides them in the garden and they rot... Have dropped her back to one meal a day as she isnt eating much so maybe she will be willing to eat whatever we give her...

Thinking about giving her dry food with sardines, veges etc then on alternating days Raw meat.. Hope she goes ok on it...

Will look at Ian Billinghursts web sites!

I have heard many rottweiler owners have switched from EPH to Artemis (aust company) and they are all pleased with it. Artemis are our the RCV's new sponsors so I am sure many of us will be changing for that reason. At this stage I am still happy with EPH and probably will not change unless I win a bag *LOL*

Just to clarify, Artemis is not an australian company. They are american. They do make great good though ;)

Thanks for that, for some reason I recall someone telling me it was an Aust Company, you are correct according to their website they are American :confused: feeling a bit silly now!

We changed our amstaff from supercoat sensitive to EPH as he has shocking skin problems, we can't speak more highly about it - within 3/4 days of feeding EPH, his stomach and legs were no where near as red and inflamed - his coat so far doesn't seem to be suffering atm but we will keep an eye on that and his weight. We also give him a chicken frame or chicken mince with his dry - though I have been told by quite a few people now that I should never feed RAW chicken, it should always be cooked and stripped and fed to them......... we always thought that they were good for them??? Should we be cooking them??? We unfortunately can't feed our boy any red meat as this seems to stir up his allergies again, so chicken really is the only other option(other than the sardines he gets now).

Sorry for highjacking your thread, but this was pretty much what we were thinking lol.

raw chicken is fine as long as it has been stored properly

you cannot feed cooked chicken bones or any other =bone for that matter as they can splinter.