Supercoat Question.

Guest english.ivy

I now have to start watching what I spend.

so

If money is an issue then you should really look into feeding a raw diet, it is a hell of a lot cheaper then premium dry food.

so again

What about raw feeding? Can prove cheaper all round.
Read my replies properly .. she won't be eating supercoat .. ever.

:laugh:

She seems to be healthy because she is getting fed premium food, take that away and you will notice the difference. I cannot think of any supermarket dry food which would match the quality of premium dry food. I feed my dog for about $12 a week on raw food, as opposed to the $30 a week I used to spend on premium dry food. Dry food is convenient, pure and simple. Raw food only takes an extra few minutes a week to prepare - freeze and defrost. If you don't know what to feed your dog in relation to raw food then ask your breeder.

Edited by spotty.spot.spot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest belgian.blue
Read my replies properly .. she won't be eating supercoat .. ever.

:confused:

She seems to be healthy because she is getting fed premium food, take that away and you will notice the difference. I cannot think of any supermarket dry food which would match the quality of premium dry food. I feed my dog for about $12 a week on raw food, as opposed to the $30 a week I used to spend on premium dry food. Dry food is convenient, pure and simple. Raw food only takes an extra few minutes a week to prepare - freeze and defrost. If you don't know what to feed your dog in relation to raw food then ask your breeder.

Why do you even bother starting threads if you don't even appreciate the advice that people give you?

By this reply it sounds as if you're not reading what I have been replying. I've said a few times today that I've changed my mind on using SC as it has too much salt (and beet pulp) for my dog yet you keep replying as if I'm still going to be feeding her supermarket food? Mixed wires maybe?

I don't require any diet help for her .. just wanted to question people on SC and I've got my answers. It isn't suitable for my dog.

I have also said that her breeder knows I will ask if I ever need any diet help. We are in contact you know ;)

Mind you I do feed mainly raw, which is frozen in bulk and we defrost daily. She gets dry as an added bonus.

I'm afraid I don't understand, you first say that you can't feed raw because it's not convenient for your lifestyle....and now you're saying that you do feed mainly raw with the dry being a sometimes food :confused: So what's the issue? Can't you continue using the raw + premium dry on your budget seeing as the dry is stretched out further?

Mind you I do feed mainly raw, which is frozen in bulk and we defrost daily. She gets dry as an added bonus.

A friend of mine who has done a lot of research on raw warned me once about feeding raw & dry together (I was considering going raw at the time), as the raw is normally digested very quickly, which is one reason dogs don't get upset tummies from raw food, and if you feed dry at the same time, it can slow the gut down, and increases the time the raw is sitting in the intestines, and can increase the risk of bacterial growth......I though I should mention it as I wasn't sure whether you feed raw & dry together, or at different times???

Guest belgian.blue

A friend of mine who has done a lot of research on raw warned me once about feeding raw & dry together (I was considering going raw at the time), as the raw is normally digested very quickly, which is one reason dogs don't get upset tummies from raw food, and if you feed dry at the same time, it can slow the gut down, and increases the time the raw is sitting in the intestines, and can increase the risk of bacterial growth......I though I should mention it as I wasn't sure whether you feed raw & dry together, or at different times???

Yeah read up on that and dry takes 10-12 hours to digest and she never has them in the same meal.

There is a difference between raw and barf .. last time I checked.

I said I wouldn't feed barf; not raw.

oh, ok...what's the difference??? I thought BARF was raw food??? :thumbsup:

oh, ok...what's the difference??? I thought BARF was raw food??? :thumbsup:

Well BARF is raw but not all raw is BARF.

Raw can be just raw meaty bones, or prey model diet etc etc

BARF requires much more work than for example prey model diet.

• 1 month later...

I'm a raw feeder but just to clarify there's a Supercoat Sensitive(sold at Coles) and a Supercoat Special care range which use to be sold at Coles but now only at Better Pets and Gardens etc. The Special Care range doesn't look like normal kibble the Sensitive does.