Bulldog Infected Folds

Im looking for some advise on what do do with my 2 yr old british bulldog, she has infected folds and nothing seems to help. We clean the folds everyday and apply Malaseb wipes and Panalog from the vet but its not doing a thing? Any advise would be great as she seems to be really uncomfortably.

change the diet for sure, and make sure the dog is not accessing dirty water to roll around in.

I would be using betadine cream from the human chemist if your dog has no problem with iodine that's my skin cure all for dogs around here :hitself: wipe it on then remove excess with a tissue to make sure its not holding moisture

warning on a white dog it will stain.

Are you letting Malaseb sit in there for ten minutes rather than wiping on/off?

Maybe you're interfering too much? The breeder where I got my old girl didn't ever wipe her dogs, she believed once you started mucking around with them that's when you get issues. I'm sure that's not always the case but do have to say that my girl didn't have fold issues. Maybe she was just lucky. :hitself:

Poor dog, hopefully someone in the breed thread Disorder linked to can help you further.

Not sure about infected folds, think you will need to find out what is causing the infection.

If its just due to not being cleaned and dried correctly, start doing it now and see if it improves. Just remember to be very gentle as it may be quite sore

I use to clean my bulldogs facial folds daily with baby wipes or a clean face washer, no soap

Dry your bully’s wrinkles completely after you clean them. This will help prevent bacteria from getting trapped. You can dry the wrinkles with a soft tissue by rubbing it in and out of the wrinkles the same way you did with the cloth. You may choose to rub a small amount of baby powder, I use nappy rash powder or potato flour into my dog’s wrinkles to dry out any excess moisture