Lightroom - Book, Tutes Or Course

Winterpaws

• 1 month later...

winterpaws I have just enrolled in TAFE two nights a week. On Monday nights I do Adobe Photoshop using the new edition and on Wednesday nights I do Digital photography and lightroom. So I will follow this thread and we can learn / share etc.

Now I'll I have to do is take out a second mortgage so I can afford to buy Photoshop

Before rushing out and committing to a course, have a good play ... it's pretty amazing at what you'll be able to figure out on your own.

There are also excellent sites on the web for lightroom - here are a couple to get you started while you decide on what courses you want to do!

Lightroom Killer Tips - this is great because they update constantly!

Luminous Landscapes - their video section is very helpful, as are the articles

There's a woman on POTN who rocks Lightroom and is extremely helpful ... I think she has a web site, too, but of course, I can't find the link this morning. When I do I'll pop it in here if no one else has.

And I'd defo get the educational version if you are eligible, it's fully functional :rofl:

Here are some attempts with Lightroom based on me just fiddling around with it and not really having any idea of what I am doing :thumbsup: I like them

These are also with the new Canon KJA - I love love love it and use it a lot more than I used my Nikon

Unfortunately I cannot work out still how to upload from Flickr so these are via photobucket and the quality isn't as great :thumbsup:

kallie-0425.jpg

kallie-0427.jpg

winterpaws - they look great!!! love the second one in particular. Isn't LR easy!!

I am moving back to photobucket as I can't justify spending $25US a year just to host my images really. I'm a cheapskate. And I resize my images for the web before uploading anyway so I can't tell the difference between the embedded versions on flickr or photobucket (although if it's something I have actually remembered to sharpen I don't really like the way flickr seems to add even MORE to it sometimes). Photobucket has a greater free allowance and it's also SO much freakin' easier to use with everything you need right there on one page.

And blogging is a dream because on Photobucket the code stays the same and the only part that changes is your file name so it's copy, paste and then just change the last couple of digits for me...flickr has a secret code for each and every image so it's select the photo, go to all sizes, copy the secret code, repeat for every single image. Blech. They've lost me at least for now.