Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG I think I finally did it and it was sooo easy!!!! Mental picture of me doing cartwheels with a big fat smile on my dial!!!

The black menace is obviously young Jane and the other beautiful girl is my never to be forgotten and greatly missed Meg who went to heaven on Black Saturday...She always needed a pillow and she didnt really care what that pillow was made of!!!

Hi Tez, Your pup looks adorable, and Meg looks like a sweetie, love that shot of her on the pillow. Have you organised training yet for Jane? How old is she??

Tic...We have organised to go to Brierley but have to wait til the first weekend in June as Jane is getting over kennel cough. We did 2 weeks of puppy school in Colac til 'the Cough' and we are doing lots of training at home.

Yep Meg was a sweety and my best mate for 14+ years but she was terribly fear aggressive to other dogs so its a real buzz being able to get out and about with Jane and not have to worry about her....shes very easy going and relaxed(in a hyper puppy way) around other dogs.

Tim and Tanya....You're right...butter wouldnt melt in her mouth cos she would have spread it round the lunge room and gone skating in it before she'd let it melt!!!!

How did your assessment go with Bruno and what was it like????

Ok cool well it will be good to meet you and little Jane, Did Patricia say you had to have an assesment or is she letting you join strait into the puppy program as Jane is only a pup.

Any one available for a walk tomorrow? Anytime and I dont mind where.

We get to go straight into puppy school at Brierley so its an early start for us on Sundays. Jane is 13 weeks old and I cant believe how fast she is growing! And so much energy. Most days we take her to the lake or the show grounds in Camperdown and let her go nuts attached to a 10 metre line. She gets to climb up and down embankments, go zoomies all over the place and we also get to practice recall with magical treats called sausage! Then we go home and she still has energy to spare!!!

Pandii, I am happy to do after lunch, would you prefer albert park or thunder point? Im easy.

Tez, sounds like you have a typical puppy!! Why does she have to be attached to a long line, she is only a pup, she shouldnt want to run away, Keep doing what your doing with the treats, you will be suprised. All of mine have been off lead out and about since they were very young pups and none of then have ever ran away nor have they wanted to. Not sure how many pups are inthe puppy program at the moment as I havent been to training for a couple of weeks with being away. Will be good to meet you in person, do you have any kids?

Woo-hoo...such a lovely bundle of puppies!! How many and how old are they???

Tic, I wish I had you're confidence. The long line is only short term so I can enjoy Jane at her most energetic but without worrying that she could launch herself full-belt at any poor soul that comes along. She is an amazingly fast and co-ordinated pup(but with no Brakes) and I am still learning about how she reacts or dosent react in different environments. I know she learns quickly and I don't think it will be long before I get the confidence to have her off lead but we both need more training first.

What sort of dogs do you have,Tic?

Tez, My dogs are Cocker spaniel x poodle, you will get to meet probly two of them at training on Sunday. How is Jane gettting on with the cough? Two of mine had it a month or so back, it was a very mild case and they only coughed for about two days, then they were all good. The vet just told me the best thing to do is keep them as quiet as possible and kke pan eye on them as if it gets worse it can turn into a secondary infection. Mine caught it from a dog at the park, we had come into contact with it before I realized it was coughing and the owner was unaware that the cough was more than likely serious. Also as you would know highly contagious, I was very suprised when my other two didnt get it as well.

Tanya, have you been anywhere much around other dogs that have been coughing? When mine had it there coughs were not constant and as long as they were quiet they didnt cough it was only when they exerted themselves that is exaserbated it. also at the end of the cough it is almost like they are going to be sick but it doenst follow through. Hope Bruno hasnt caught it, but as long as he has had the vaccine it is usually only short lived.

Tez, My dogs are Cocker spaniel x poodle, you will get to meet probly two of them at training on Sunday. How is Jane gettting on with the cough? Two of mine had it a month or so back, it was a very mild case and they only coughed for about two days, then they were all good. The vet just told me the best thing to do is keep them as quiet as possible and kke pan eye on them as if it gets worse it can turn into a secondary infection. Mine caught it from a dog at the park, we had come into contact with it before I realized it was coughing and the owner was unaware that the cough was more than likely serious. Also as you would know highly contagious, I was very suprised when my other two didnt get it as well.

Tanya, have you been anywhere much around other dogs that have been coughing? When mine had it there coughs were not constant and as long as they were quiet they didnt cough it was only when they exerted themselves that is exaserbated it. also at the end of the cough it is almost like they are going to be sick but it doenst follow through. Hope Bruno hasnt caught it, but as long as he has had the vaccine it is usually only short lived.

Hey TLC,

Bruno sounds exactly what you have described about your guys, has is all up to date with Vaccine... Getting Tim to take him to the vet this arvo just to see what they say...

Guest Pandii

Ty and Dante are 6 ish years old and have never had kennel cough and are not vaccinated against it, and we have had poundies with KC here

Oh Tanya, sorry to hear that, ownt be seeing you on Sunday then, maybe next week you will probly find he will be rid of it in a couple of days, any idea where he picked it up?

Pandii you have been lucky your 2 havent had it.

Mine are all vaccinated against it, but I was sceptical after having Cooper done, when he had his last vacc the one that is only kennel cough he had a severe reaction and his whole face blew up like a balloon and he could hardly breath we rushed him to the vet and they gave him anti histamine and he came good after a few hours but it was awefully scary.

I was paranoid when the other 3 were done.