• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JJ what time is early

You can tell I'm BUSY at work!!! :rofl:

I normally get to Killarney about 10:00am - but happy to adjust to accomodate sleepy heads! :sleep:

For those that wish to join me - how about we meet at the end of Basin Track at 10am?

Turn left onto Mahoneys Rd at Killarney, (Turn Left at antique shop)

Turn Left down dirt track, past boat ramp, right to the end. There is a car-park there (end of track).

If you see a white 4WD, that's ME! I'll be down on the beach.

Pandii - can you text anyone who's numbers you've got? I don't have anybody's mobile numbers.....

Might even take baby Tarni out - if anyone is bringing an un-vaccinated dog along, PLEASE let me know here before I leave!!!!!!!

BTW - Pandii - what's happening - do you still need me to pick-up the Rescue Shar Pei from Melbourne? Haven't heard anything via PM on DOL, that's all.

Edited by jerojath

Guest Pandii

I have heard nothing JJ about the Pei, will worry about it tomorrow

just after 10am will do me as Sam has to be at a B'Day at 10am, then I will come, Rick probably will too and I will have Seb if his damn face stops bleeding.

Ask OH if he is bringing Dante, she hasnt had vaccs for a few years now, had her puppy vaccs then her yearly bosster thats about it, Seb is vacc

We always head right down the end there. I can txt but I am not doing it now, to late

Hows it going there??

I have heard nothing JJ about the Pei, will worry about it tomorrow

just after 10am will do me as Sam has to be at a B'Day at 10am, then I will come, Rick probably will too and I will have Seb if his damn face stops bleeding.

Ask OH if he is bringing Dante, she hasnt had vaccs for a few years now, had her puppy vaccs then her yearly bosster thats about it, Seb is vacc

We always head right down the end there. I can txt but I am not doing it now, to late

Hows it going there??

I can't bring Tarni then if Dante is coming. I just can't risk it.

Fair enough - hopefully some will read this in the morning... didn't realise how late it was!

Pretty quiet here - hence my presence on DOL! :rofl:

Ok, well I'll leave about 10am then....

TLC & RJ - Sorry, just read your posts.

I can't get out in the arvo. Have to go in the morning on Sunday. Will be at Killarney soon after 10am if you are interested.

I realize it conflicts with your training though... :rofl:

Pity Me, Tez, Tania are at training till 11 then I have a meeting otherwise would have loved to do Kilarney. my lot love it there!! I know Mawson is working today, so shes out too. Not sure about RJ, think she is keen to do Thunder point in the arvo. So maybe next time, although Sunday morning is out for a few of us due to training.

If anyone knows of anybody who would be interested in being a puppy carer for a SEDA pup could they plese PM me and I can give details. Thanks.

Some of you may have met Laura, she is the co-ordinator of the program and is now doing interviews and Inspections!!

Guest Pandii

JJ, no Dante just me and Seb.

Cant do arvo sorry Tlc.

What about monday, anyone up for a walk.

Excuse my ignorence but whats SEDA and what does puppy caring involve????

Had fun at the 'Big Guys' training today. We took Jane down the beach for 1/2 hour beforehand to expel some of her excess energy and even though she was of course distracted by the other dogs, I think it helped in the long run as she did better than I expected...God love her!!!!

TLC-really looking forward to a walk after training in a few weeks. Jane loves training and so do I but I do get surprisingly tired from all the concentrating so a walk afterwards would be great. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who finds training mentally taxing but if so....oh well!

Excuse my ignorence but whats SEDA and what does puppy caring involve????

Had fun at the 'Big Guys' training today. We took Jane down the beach for 1/2 hour beforehand to expel some of her excess energy and even though she was of course distracted by the other dogs, I think it helped in the long run as she did better than I expected...God love her!!!!

TLC-really looking forward to a walk after training in a few weeks. Jane loves training and so do I but I do get surprisingly tired from all the concentrating so a walk afterwards would be great. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who finds training mentally taxing but if so....oh well!

Hi Tez, SEDA is Seeing Eye Dogs Australia. Like Guide dogs but a different company. The puppy carers take the pup from around 8 - 10 weeks of age for between 12 - 18 months till the pup can go to the training centre. In the time they have the pup they will attend training sessions, and be shown specific things the pup needs to be taught just the basics like sit wait stay food manners and general well behaved stuff, and would be expected to attend training days once a month. In the time they have the pup home visits from the co - ordinator are done on a regular basis to check the puppys progress. There is no expense to the puppy carer all the dogs needs are payed for by SEDA.

I can well understand why you find training mentally taxing, with a high energy dog like Jane you are putting all your energy into getting the best out of her, but she is doing very well, I noticed about 1/4 of the way through the class today she just started to respond. You will find with time that she will go into work mode when training is on. But like I said to you today Cooper was exactly the same wanted to play with every other dog and couldn't care less about training and like Jane as well was not food motivated, which is frustrating. It was so different when I started training Lacy she was just so switched on and loves the food reward system (cant you tell) :) Anyway like i said it will all fall into place!! Looking forward to the walk as well. Did you say that you wont be at training next week? we are going to do some demo stuff with some more advanced dogs to show people what they can achieve if they keep going.

I have a few pics of today Ill post them after.

Some pics from today. I thougth I had more of training but this was theonly one with all of our dogs in it.

IMG_4871.jpg

Me RJ and her friend and Tania headed to Thunder point in the arvo. We had a lovely walk and the dogs all had a ball and got on fabulously.

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

Guest Pandii

TLC, what size are you compressing your photos too, they are taking up to 1/2 hour to load

Some from this morning at Killarney

IMGP1908.jpg

vizzlasand.jpg

beach.jpg

vizzlas1.jpg

vizzals.jpg

tarnie1.jpg

Tarnie.jpg

sebbeach1.jpg

sebbeach2.jpg

Great shots as always TLC

I have some from today that I will post once they upload

Look forward to seeing your pics Pandii, hows the new camera going?

Pity we couldnt have all gone together today it would have been a great bunch of dogs!!

Sadly yes, I wont be at training next week. Its time to visit my parents in Melbourne as the guilt phone calls are coming thick and fast. I'm trying to convince my sister to take Jane training next week but I'm not all that confident. Damn it...I would have loved to see the experienced dogs.

Loved the photos...makes you want to hope right in the photo and join em!!!!

Great shots!! Love the one of the pup over JJ's shoulder very cute!!

All my pics are reduced in picassa to under 250kb. Never had any others say they take a long time to load???? How big are each of yours?

Guest Pandii

Camera is going to good, the guys at the shop gave me a bunch of freebies, like lens caps, a new battery, SD card, and a few lessons on how to use it, they ahve been great

Dick smith had tripods from $19.95 too

It gets to late in the arvo, mornings are much better.

Can I get Patricias number again, I want to talk collars with her

EDIT, not sure how big mine are, quiet compressed, I have a compress for webpage setting I just use that :thumbsup: Tarnie looks good, she is very cute

Edited by Pandii