Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Coopers going to drive you insane TLC

JJ I will be there, are you taking Tarnie

Yep... Tarni is the main reason I'm going!

Since her first adventure last week, she has been, well, a bit 'vocal' this week, wanting to get out for a run again!

She's driving me NUTS!

Also trying to get some weight off Amy before her shows and free running is the only way...

Spose Belle can tag along too... :D

Edited by jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id love to do Sunday but Im off to Melbourne for the day.

Cooper is actually bearing weight on the foot this evening. Im so glad it wasnt broken. Im hoping that he isnt to bad under house arrest. Generally out of the 4 of them he is so quiet at home happy to just laze around but has never had to do it for a whole 2 weeks before, well see!! I really wanted to take him to Melbourne with me but will wait and see how he is on the day. We will be in the car most of the time and only stopping to eat and pit stops, so he should be right to go. I think the tablets have kicked in already he is on a big dose, 4 pills a day for 4 days then 2 pills a day for the remainder of the course.

Have fun on Sunday!!

Geez tlc its hard to catch up with you lol....... i dropped into Bunnings on my way home today only to find a fella at your counter who looked at me stupid when i asked if " Barb " was about .. after having a think and repeating your name slowly (lol )... he said Oh puppy dog Barb ?? lol then told me he thought you might be on tomorrow... i told him i would catch up with you via the computer cause i wont be in tomorrow, so this is it lol.....................................

Linda.....

Poor poor Cooper...It made me wince just reading about his injury...hopefully the tablets will make him abit sleepy so he wont mind the house arrest so much.

Janes off to be desexed next wednesday so no dog school the Sunday after. I'm really hoping my sister takes her this weekend while I'm in Melbourne as I don't want her to miss out two weeks in a row. When i enquired about the desexing at the vets they said she has to stay overnight-They were abit taken aback when I asked them where I would be sleeping!!! I'm such a big sooky lala when it comes to the Black Menace. Apparently shes gotta be kept quiet for 7 to 10 days!!! When I raised my eyebrows at them they just laughed and said GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hi Linda, I dont usual work Thursday! Also there is 2 Barbs at Bunnings which can be a bit confusing at times.

Sitting down finally tonight just thinking Im so glad todays over when I heat this almighty smashing of glass, run to check out whats going on and find 3 little pups among a smashed glass fronted cabinet!! They were rough housing on thier way through the hall way and must have hit into it a bit to hard and it didnt hold up, what a mess and no blood so no one got hurt!! What next, hoping for a quieter day tomorow.

Tez, i would protest to Jane staying over night there is no need for her to stay over night at all. All of mine went in a 8.30 and all were home by 3 in the afternoon. Which vet do you go to, is it a local Warrnambool one or one in your town?

Poor poor Cooper...It made me wince just reading about his injury...hopefully the tablets will make him abit sleepy so he wont mind the house arrest so much.

Janes off to be desexed next wednesday so no dog school the Sunday after. I'm really hoping my sister takes her this weekend while I'm in Melbourne as I don't want her to miss out two weeks in a row. When i enquired about the desexing at the vets they said she has to stay overnight-They were abit taken aback when I asked them where I would be sleeping!!! I'm such a big sooky lala when it comes to the Black Menace. Apparently shes gotta be kept quiet for 7 to 10 days!!! When I raised my eyebrows at them they just laughed and said GOOD LUCK!!!!

Tez - it's a bit odd they want Jane to stay o'night. I was a locum Vet nurse/tech for many years and obviously worked in a huge number of clinics all around Australia and I have NEVER heard of this before, unless there were complications which was extremely rare. Desexing is just a day procedure - fast her from the night prior, drop her off early and the vets normally call to say she's come around and can go home! Obviously she'd need to be kept in to keep her wound clean etc, and kept quiet to protect sutures etc but I'm sure she'd be happier at home than caged at the clinic.

Don't know what vet you see, but I would be questioning why...... (Just my opinion!) :provoke:

Hi Linda, I dont usual work Thursday! Also there is 2 Barbs at Bunnings which can be a bit confusing at times.

Sitting down finally tonight just thinking Im so glad todays over when I heat this almighty smashing of glass, run to check out whats going on and find 3 little pups among a smashed glass fronted cabinet!! They were rough housing on thier way through the hall way and must have hit into it a bit to hard and it didnt hold up, what a mess and no blood so no one got hurt!! What next, hoping for a quieter day tomorow.

:D TLC - I think you should sit back with a nice BIG glass of red! :provoke:

Hey Jj can you tell me have you ever had anything to do with the drug Rimadyl, this is what the vet perscribed Cooper they are 20mg tablets and he has to have 2 tablets twice a day for 4 days. Then two tablets once a day for the remainder. Does this sound right? That is 80mg a day, sounds like alot??

I googled and found this but I cant put it all into perspective and I think this may be american it doesnt say anything about it being available in 20mg tablets. Cooper is 18 kilos. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Dont wanna ring the vet and look like a total numpty!! Its gotta be righ doesnt it??

What is the most important information I should know about Rimadyl: Rimadyl is a prescription medication that is FDA approved for use in dogs. Rimadyl is available as 25mg, 75mg and 100mg Prok Liver flavored Chewable, scored tablets. Rimadyl is also available as 25mg, 75mg and 100mg capsule shaped scored non-chewable tablets (Caplets). The usual total daily dose in dogs is 2mg per pound given as a single daily dose or divided and administered as 1mg per pound twice a day . Contact the veterinarian if the pet has bloody, black or tarry stools as these symptoms could indicate damage to the stomach or intestines, which could be dangerous. Before giving your pet any prescription or over the counter medications check with your veterinarian or pharmacist.

after typing this post I figured it out. Cooper is just over 40 pounds and he is having 80 mg a day so it is right, he is having 1mg per pound twice a day in having two tablets morning and night, which is 80 mg. Worry over, I just noticed he has been sleeping so much today and it is probly from the tablets.

Edited by tlc

I agree with you guys about Jane staying overnight. I think they do this as they service a large dairy industry and maybe they see it as a way to protect the farm dogs from going back to work too soon. I'm pretty sure I will be able to talk them around to letting me take her home on the day especially as we all know that the place wont be constantly staffed overnight! Too be honest, just thinking about her all alone in a strange place gives me palpitations...especially as we live only 4 blocks from the vets here at Camperdown!

Thanks for your advice...its been along time since I've had to do this. The last time was over 14 years ago and in Melbourne so I thought maybe things had changed procedure-wise.

Well done Tez for being such a great doggie mum. Im like you no way do i want my guys being at the vets any longer than they have to be. I was having a nervous breakdown today when they took CJ off for his xray and he was only gone all of 5 mins :provoke:

TLC - as you have since discovered, by conversion, Cooper is on a pretty standard dose. Rimadyl is as good as useless in small doses so 80mg daily is correct. There is a fairly narrow 'window' with Rimadyl between what is 'too little' and 'too much', to be effective.

Rimadyl is widely used and very safe. As your 'google' source suggests - watch his faeces. Blood is the most common sign. Rimadyl can (if administered for a long period or at too high a dose) cause the lining of the stomach to lift and be excreted.

Not a huge ordeal if you catch it early, so just check his stools.

I'm sure he'll be fine in no time, but keep us posted....

Guest Pandii

Dante stayed over night when she was desexed at the banyan street vets, they have kept in quiet a few rescue dogs as well as RSPCA dogs, Baby Boo the last foster I ahd here was in over night.

TLC, those doggies certainly keep you on your toes

Ha Usually it is pretty quite here, which is suprising you would think 4 would create a bit more havoc but lately, it seems like I have a cross on my forehead :crossfingers: Hoping for a few quiet months now.

I think it is Banyan street policy to keep dogs over night after desexing, I was gogin to change when Lacy was a pup but changed my mind as I didnt like a few of thier policys. Im glad I stayed with Wollasten, they have been really good!!

Think I will go for a walk this arvo not sure what time yet, it is still dam cold outside, seems colder than what it was this morning at 7 when I went to work.

Ill probly just go to Albert park. I feel so bad that Cooper cant go the poor lad!!

Guest Pandii

Barb I am up for a walk, will txt you as I have house inspection between 1.30 and 2, but once its done I am happy to walk

Just bumping for walkers tomorrow (Sunday).

Meet at 10:00am at Killarney.

Near end of Mahoneys Rd, turn left to boat ramp.

Proceed along Basin Track past boat ramp to car park at end of track.

I know Pandii is coming with Seb - any other takers?

Unfortunately, I realise this conflicts with training for many, but about the only time in the week I can get the dogs

out for a really good run. :love: