Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey JJ can you hear Jimmy? I just went outside and it is loud and clear, probably be even clearer at your place!

Yeah we're rockin' to him here too! :love: Got all the windows open.... doors open....

also Noiseworks & Thirsty Merc playing. Why pay $69.90 for tickets? Just open your house up! :love:

Edited by jerojath

Hi everyone! Very happy to say bye bye to Chrissy and the new year stuff and get on with the normal routine! I wish I had logged on earlier so we didn't miss out on the walk! That'll teach me for being slack! Glad you guys all enjoyed yourselves!

Tlc- Thats said news about Nanna Nike :) Trish sure has had a bugger of year! Did she pass away at home?

Thanks for the reminder about the 9th! I'm planning on taking Gus! He's so relaxed now that he should do ok with meeting new people. Jane would be too jumpy although I will feel guilty about leaving her home. Is a walk on the cards afterwards?

Hi Tez, not sure about Nike, I think Trish had to take her in? We can definatley do a walk afterwards and anyone else that wants to join us can do. Im sure Shannon will be up for a walk too. So we kick off at Bunnings at 11 I will be there about 10.45. Trish is goign to bring her new pup, she said he is a bit full on but he will be fine, he is 7 months old.

I am going to take Cooper for a little run first so he leaves all his energy at the park. :) I hope the weather is going to be ok. So if we said 1ish for the walk, that gives us time to get out of Bunnings have some lunch and meet up at the park.

After Lacy and I did our Delta duties we went to Seans mums for lunch then we went to Harris street for something different and stayed away from the back stalls so the dogs didnt chase the bunnies! It was good down there, the grass is so nice and green and pretty short, we didn't go in the cage only to get a drink so they had a good run. they are all outside snoozing now!

Its no big deal really just a few of us from our obedience school are taking our dogs the ones that are bomb proof and we are doing a little kind of promo thing for the school and doing a few tricks for the customers on a very informal basis, if people want to pat the dogs ask questions about the dog school then thats what we are hoping for.

As you probly know Bunnings are very community minded and like to be involved in community events as much as possible. Over summer they have some kind of activity or event at the store every weekend. The events coordinator just asked me if we would like to bring the dogs in and we thought it would be a great idea and promote doggy awareness on all sorts of levels.

It will be a great test for my big boy, I have been working very hard on his rehab and if he passes the test this weekend I will consider him cured. :) mind you I don't think there will be any problem what so ever or I wouldn't consider taking him, but will be watching him like a hawk. We have two girls coming to talk to people so the handlers can concerntrate on the dogs and make sure they are doing the right thing.

I am looking forward to it, it will be good to have yet another dog day they are my favorite thing to do in the whiole world! :D

oh ok that sounds good like a really good idea. I will deff come and have a look and see the dogs are you taking cooper you mean?

I don't know what you mean about him being rehab and cured he is an awesome dog i think!

any way i will see you then.

Thanks Lizzy, I think he is pretty dam awesome too and he sure has a HUGE fan base. :(

A while ago now when he was younger he had a very bad experience at a groomers and he had a hard time dealing with men of any sort (apart from my OH and males he knew very well) so I have worked with him and tried lots of different techniques for him to be able to deal with males and with the help of a few different methods he is now cured, well I think he is.

There has been probly 12 months go by where we have not had one episode so I think that is a good indication that he is rehabilitated. What he used to do was where ever we were if he seen a male he didn't know he would bark and carry on and run around and around the person as if trying to keep them at bay so they couldnt touch him or the rest of us. If the person tried to calm him down or pat him he just go worse.

One of the biggest things for Cooper to be better was for me to be more assertive and help him feel more protected so he didn't have to do the protecting. Cooper is the kind of dog that has to be treated with kid gloves as far as if you use to much of a forceful method on him it really breaks him, so I have had to really work out what is the best way to combat the problems he had.

Anyway it sounds involved but it really isn't just a problem to over come and we have. :) He really is a gorgeous boy and a great dog to be around, he loves other dogs and people and is a good all rounder apart from if you leave him in the car and get out at someones house to have a chat. :( As RJ will tell you, he has to be in amongst it. :D and is very painful if he is not part of the action!

Will look forward to catching up with you again Lizzy.

We went to SWHC today. It was a good visit, Lacy has hit her straps now and once she realizes we are going she is so excited. She is very good and knows if she is on her best behaviour that I have the liver in my bag. :D She is a bit more work than Tully in that she loves to lick which makes it hard, some patients don't mind but others don't like it, so I just manouver her around so they are patting her back. Most were sitting in chairs today which makes it easier as she is too heavy to lift up. Lots of comments today on how fat she is :) She is having a hair cut tomorow so hopefully that will reduce her girth a bit :laugh:

We went to SWHC today. It was a good visit, Lacy has hit her straps now and once she realizes we are going she is so excited. She is very good and knows if she is on her best behaviour that I have the liver in my bag. :D She is a bit more work than Tully in that she loves to lick which makes it hard, some patients don't mind but others don't like it, so I just manouver her around so they are patting her back. Most were sitting in chairs today which makes it easier as she is too heavy to lift up. Lots of comments today on how fat she is :) She is having a hair cut tomorow so hopefully that will reduce her girth a bit :laugh:

Glad it went well again. It's a great service.

(I think Bronson has been in the good paddock too!) :eek:

Edited to add... would be great if you were able to come on the walk after Bunnings too, Lizzy1! :D

Edited by jerojath

It'll be good to catch up after Bunnings!

Tlc...I was thinking that Gus may need to burn some energy before Bunnings too so if its ok with you, maybe Gus and I can join you and Cooper for a pre Bunnings walk as well! If thats ok, please pm me and we can work out the details.

My boy will be one year old next month...the time has flown so quickly I can believe it! Seems like yesterday we bought him home from the vets as a skinny little puppy. He's grown so big...think I'll pop down to the vets and get him weighed tomorrow. I'm guessing he's around the 30kg mark by now!

:D Yes Bronson is definatley in a good paddock, little wobble arse that he is but I don't worry to much as he is a very active boy and runs around with Tully and Cooper a lot where as Lacy only runs a little bit, she prefers to watch the others chasing the ball than actually get involved. Although her and Bron play chasey a lot. How is it that I have 2 upsized, 1 regular and 1 happy meal. :)

Tez, that would be great, I was thinking about 10ish I would go somewhere, havent decided where will depend on the weather. But I will definaltey let you know. I know Cooper will be on his game if he has had a run, Gus will probly be the same!

Edited by tlc

Sounds good about the pre-Bunnings walk Tlc. We can iron out the details later!

As for the awesome foursome...just goes to show that dogs are as individual as we are! I would say that all your doggies are at their ideal weight given their level of activity as thay are all fit and lively and busier than most dogs get to be on a regular basis!

As for the awesome foursome...just goes to show that dogs are as individual as we are! I would say that all your doggies are at their ideal weight given their level of activity as thay are all fit and lively and busier than most dogs get to be on a regular basis!

Wish JJ was at HIS ideal weight! :D

Well thanks Tez, that makes me feel good. It's funny as when I took Lacy to the vet a couple of months ago, I asked her about herweight and she said I shouldn't be bothered about her weight as long as she is getting healthy food and excersise then it's all good and that dogs are a bit like people in that sometimes you are predisposed to be the size you are. I wasn't quite sure what to make of that? But I am certainly aware of each of their dietry needs and the tubbys don't get a s much food as the skinnys. :D and your right about thier level of activity, they all go at a different pace.

Wish JJ was at HIS ideal weight! :D

Wish TLC was at her ideal weight. :laugh: I quite often say to peopel when they comment on Lacy, that she is just like her mother, they give me a funny look and then realize I am refering to my own weight!. :)