Sydney Dog Trainer Wanted By Desperate Owner!

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the forum and its been recommended that I post a request on this site as I'm having difficulty locating a recommended trainer near to me. I live in St Ives in Sydney. Toby is a black 16 week old labrador - adorable, cute and a more than a bit 'pushy'. He's our 2nd lab, as our 1st Monty, died aged 14 yrs, one year ago. Toby has been to puppy pre-school (run by Delta trained instructors) and I'm using a clicker with him. He's very trainable, but has real problems with keeping all 4 feet on the ground when meeting people - whether in the home or out. He also jumps up when we're sitting in the lounge at night, and has gone from nipping to biting for attention. We've tried all the usual - ignoring; leaving the room; yelping; verbal reprimands; even used a water pistol but he loved the water!! I've had a behavioural trainer come to the house for a session, but I didn't really connect with him or his methods and so am getting confused and a bit worried that the behaviour is getting worse.

I've spoken with Stuart at Underdogtraining, and he's recommended K9 Force. I'll ring them tomorrow, but I don't really want to travel a great distance to get to someone. Also I'd prefer to rectify the problem in my own home.

Many thanks in anticipation for your help.