Lump Just Below Nipple

enna

I was giving one of my dogs a belly rub today and felt a lump under one of her nipples. It's only teensy tiny (about a mm wide), and you can't see it. I'll be taking her to our vet in the next few days just to check, but I was wondering if it could be serious even though it's so small? Also, if the vet thinks it's suspicious what do they do, take a biopsy to make sure?

Anyone found a similar lump? What did it turn out to be?

Cheers..

To be honest - I think every lump should be investigated.

Most of the time it will be nothing to worry about - but there is always that percentage that are something to worry about (take it from someone who knows)...

All it costs is a vet visit and a fine needle aspirate (a few seconds) and a quick look under the microscope to see if further investigation is needed...

I was giving one of my dogs a belly rub today and felt a lump under one of her nipples. It's only teensy tiny (about a mm wide), and you can't see it. I'll be taking her to our vet in the next few days just to check, but I was wondering if it could be serious even though it's so small? Also, if the vet thinks it's suspicious what do they do, take a biopsy to make sure?

Anyone found a similar lump? What did it turn out to be?

Cheers..

My Molly had a small lump in the same place, I took her to the vet and it was a tiny grass seed, just sitting in there. The vet took it out in a second, and didn't charge me anything ( I have the best vet in the world!) There was no obvious entry point for the grass seed, so I don't know how long it had been there.

Hopeyours turns out to be something nice and easy like mine did.