Reference Material

What does everyone find a good watch or read? Which trainers have you found to release excellent material? I want to increase the collection and while I have a few 'antique' type books some DVDs would be good as well.

It doesnt have to be particularly on one subject, you can never learn to much!

Edited by Nekhbet

There's always the oldies like Koehler or Col Konrad Most. Even if you dont agree with there methods there always worth a read.

I quite like Balabanov, i have his book advanced schutzhund which i found a good read, and his DVD obedience without conflict is great!! it is a two dvd pack, one of which is all about drive building and obedience through playing games with your dog! i have found it has really increased the speed and accuracy of my boys OB.

Thanks for stating this thread, i am definalty going to keep an eye on it :D i have bought a heap of new books this week, and am still looking for some more.

OK I am now getting right into agility so have found some good reference material for there :D

Debates aside about the varying handling systems, I have found Susan Garrett's Success with One Jump DVD to be very helpful. Sort of like 101 things to do with 1 (or sometimes 0) jumps :laugh: including great obstacle focus ideas, and talks about building value for obstacles.

no this wont be for debates - its simply to state what you found useful and worth the coin! Everyone has their own methods and tastes so I dont expect everyone to go for the same things every time :cry:

I'll also add:

Click to Calm: Healing the Aggressive Dog by Emma Parsons

(Good focus exercises to help deal with reactive dogs, has helped me be calmer as well when handling my dog aggro dog)

Schutzhund: Theory and Training Methods by Susan Barwig and Stewart Hilliard

(OK I'm not doing Schutzhund atm but has some good tips for the obedience part and tracking as well)