Re Past Posts

Hi all

I have just read a couple of past posts and was wondering what success have you had with these two products, especially with the skin and coat range from Rufus and Coco. Also how often do you wash your dog's in the Head & Shoulders. Josh has some minor skin issues and we have tried many shampoos and supps. (malaseb, quit itch, episoothe, aloveen and fish oil) He reacted badly to aloveen and and the fish oil didn't seem to make much difference. The malaseb and quit itch dry his coat out way too much. Episoothe worked the first couple of times but not so good after that. We feed him a raw diet as I know that the corn etc in dry food sets him off.

I also have a feeling that the silt in the dam water may be a cause to his itchy skin so we have fenced them off but he isn't a happy JAN now because he can't go for a swim and being a goldie that is like torture. His reaction to the fenced dams is jumping into the cow troughs and I can't fence them off.

Thanks in advance

my2boys

I'm in the same boat. I've recently been using the Evening Primrose Shampoo. I find it okay, but no better than how Aloveen was working for us. It might be worth a try for you though.

I'm in the same boat. I've recently been using the Evening Primrose Shampoo. I find it okay, but no better than how Aloveen was working for us. It might be worth a try for you though.

Thanks Clyde. I have read about the EPO but still haven't tried it. It is worth considering as nothing else seems to work at the moment. I have washed him once in the Head & Shoulders and that took the itch out but just not sure how often to wash him in it as he has started to itch again only slightly though. I really don't, if I can avoid it, go down the antibiotic road again.

One thing I did forget to mention was that someone on DOL mention grapefruit seed extract as a rinse but I cant seem to find out where to buy it and does it really work.

The Rufus & Coco is the only medicated shampoo I can use on orbit that doesn't set him off and make him worse. The malaseb and pyohex dry him out really bad. Aloveen is a no go for us because he has an allergy to oatmeal. Fish oil is out too because he is allergic to fish. I prefer shampoos that contain no plant extracts/oils/scents whatsoever.

The EPO shampoo is very good and you can get it in 2 grades. I find it works best when allowed to sit on the dog for a few minutes before rinsing and then using a hairdryer helps the skin to take in the moisture.

The Rufus & Coco is the only medicated shampoo I can use on orbit that doesn't set him off and make him worse.

I'm glad you've posted this Stormie. I'm wary of new "cute" type products but saw this the other day at the local pet supplies and ummed and ahhed about it. I will buy it next time and give it a go.

I use the EPO shampoo on my Staffy and find it really good, but you need to blow dry the dog to let the oils release. I also use the EPO spray, it smells beautiful.

My Staffy has a allergy itch and it seems to have really helped. My other Staffy I use Martha Gardener Wool wash and her coat comes up really shiny and soft.

The Rufus & Coco is the only medicated shampoo I can use on orbit that doesn't set him off and make him worse.

I'm glad you've posted this Stormie. I'm wary of new "cute" type products but saw this the other day at the local pet supplies and ummed and ahhed about it. I will buy it next time and give it a go.

Thanks Stormie I have noticed this and was wondering if it was ok. Also noticed they have a product called Rufus and Coco Super Skin and Coat supp. Was wondering if you have tried this?

After reading this thread I just ordered the Rufus and Coco itch relief shampoo to try on Cherry who is prone to terrible rashes and itchiness.

If you buy from their website it is free postage throughout Australia :)

Is that the normal or the vet grade Clyde??

I haven't tried any of those with Tilba. She's been itchy since I got her but there's not much to show for it. I'd read in a couple of places on the forum & net about apple cider vinegar & how wonderful it was for dogs. I started using it in Tilba's food about 3 mths ago but I'm afraid with her it hasn't done much good. Although I noticed a couple of weeks ago that she was licking her front paws a lot & when I looked it was a bit red between the claws. I wiped it with 50% acv & water & it was cleared up the next day. Here's the link to a site about acv.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html

It may help your dogs.

Is that the normal or the vet grade Clyde??

Vet grade. I just finished the bottle today and wondering what to try next.