I Need Help Please.

I am trying to teach my dog to balance an object on her nose and then flick and catch it.

The problem is.... when she has an object on her nose she just freezes. She does not even blink! She will sit there for as long as I want her to and not move.

I can flick the ball / object myself and she will catch it.

She will flick her head on command, and is happy to do so (as long as there is nothing on her nose).

I have tried luring, guiding, always making it fun.

Please , please any ideas?

Did you teach her to leave the object on her nose first...?? I would probably have back chained this exercise...

First of all I taught her to catch the object ( used a soft little teddy). Then started balancing it on her nose.

What are you putting on her nose? I have done this with treats and had no problem with the flicking and catching bit :party:

She is motivated by toys more than treats (have tried treats on her nose). I started using a soft little teddy. Now she will balance anything. She LOVES pieces of rope, have tried them also. Still no good.

Are you doing NDTF?

Yes...

Im a good guesser :party:

I tried to get my dog to put someting in a bucket and bring it back to me, but was having trouble with it - so i went for 2 B's. Much easier!!! Good luck :laugh:

Are you doing NDTF?

Yes...

Im a good guesser :)

I tried to get my dog to put someting in a bucket and bring it back to me, but was having trouble with it - so i went for 2 B's. Much easier!!! Good luck :mad

lol....thanx.

I am panicking at the moment cos I just cant work it out.

You would think with 3 dogs I could get at least one to complete a complex skill!