Derrett Handling Question

You and me both Laffi. It was something I was asked to do. We were supposed to run towards the left hand side of the tunnel, do the threadle and send into the right hand side.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and me both Laffi. It was something I was asked to do. We were supposed to run towards the left hand side of the tunnel, do the threadle and send into the right hand side.

AaaHaaa......no wonder your dogs are confused, so am I. If that is the position you are making then you are lying to your dog. I stand by my previous post - IMO you are in the wrong position to make it perfectly clear to your dog where you want him to go.

Jules do you mean something like this ? (ignore the jump spacing)

This type of scenario where it is in the middle of a course so you can't handle it with a leadout?

Your dog is on your left going over the jumps and you are then using a threadle arm (or serp. arm, RFP, false turn , special occasion hand, whatever you choose to call it) to change dog's line - get him back in handler focus and draw toward you past the plane of incorrect tunnel entrance to then send to correct tunnel entrance with the original (left) hand.

Is that right?

tunnel.jpg

Edited by kelpiechick