Serpentines

PICSI was showing us RFP, which Kaos will do OK at home, but did not read at the club. He did read drop shoulder/push fine though. I think you were right when you suggested he was reading my shoulder and not my arms, I think I drop my shoulder more at home (as I only have 2 jumps and I guess I give myself more lead out? or something) than I did at the club that night when doing it.

We use reverse/flow/pivot/push.

Jules P - what would an example of what you are talking about be? I'm trying to think of one, but I can't think of any - subtle differences, but nothing where I ask for the same thing two different ways.

there are all different ways of doing it, so does that mean you have to choice only 1 way and stick with it?

Absolutely, the dog needs to know the rules. If you use different body cues or commands and get an off course most of the time when you watch it back the dog is within its rights to do what it did.

You could use a front cross or a threadle arm or sometimes a rear cross for the same obstacle. Some might be quicker but all would be correct within the system.

True - I think we are coming at it from different perspectives. For the dog they are 3 totally different requests and youare in 3 very different postions. Where I was meaning problems occur is when you are in the same spot and asking for the same thing in a different way.

Reddii I was actually originally answering Heidi in the context of this video which shows a couple of different ways of doing a serpentine. Several of methods shown would fit with the Derrett method. I think that was what Heidi was asking about. If it wasn't Heidi, apologies.

Edited by JulesP

Reddii I was actually originally answering Heidi in the context of this video which shows a couple of different ways of doing a serpentine. Several of methods shown would fit with the Derrett method. I think that was what Heidi was asking about. If it wasn't Heidi, apologies.

:thumbsup: Gotcha. Missed that. I think I misread the question. Totally agree with what you are saying - would depend on where to next as well.