Early Morning Trip O The Vet

Well, I don't know how Honey did it, but during the night she maaged to bust open the middle part of her incision. There was this big gaping hole in her leg. Instant panic,of course. The stitches were due to come out today and it was so un-healed as to have that hole. I figured it would have to be restitches...she d aMas Cell Tumor removed from her left rear leg on the outside of her knee 11 days ago.

But Rickey said no, it would not heal if it was stitched up again, it will have to heal from the inside out. He had removed a small tumor from Gracie's side 4 weeks ago, right bhind her shoulder, and she managed to scratch and rip it open. She had to heal the same way. Gracie is his English Setter who will be 10 in Sept.

They flushed it out and now I have to do the same twice a day and she is on antibiotics for 2 weeks. It will leak so I had to put down old towels, beach towels, etc all over the areas of livingroom where she lays. And she is in the cone another 10 days at least. Did removed the remaining stitches over and below the hole. Said actually her leg looks great. No infection or redness of any kind.

They do worry us don't they!...

I remember when Ollie was having chemo, there were about 5 times that I thought I was going to lose him but that was more than 3 years ago now and he is still going very strong.

Ewwww. I can imagine your panic. Honey probably wondered what you were carrying on about. :)

Any idea why they came apart? Was she able to lick or scratch at the area or was it because it was on a joint area so the movement of her leg caused the stitches to fail?

Healing vibes for Honey.