Capstar Question...

A friend just adopted a cute little doggy from a shelter, and I met him today, he's just lovely, but I had to inform her he had fleas :thumbsup:

I have a packet of Capstar from when we temporarily had a rescue dog with fleas, but they are for Large Dogs (containing approx 56mg of the active drug). The instructions say a small dog should have 1 small dog tablet (containing 11mg of active drug). Would it be unwise to give her little pooch approx. a fifth of a large tablet? Or should she consult a vet first?

I left it up to her to decide, but on second thoughts decided to ask in here?

Being a rescue, the shelter staff suggested she not bathe him for a while, let him settle in first of course, so what else can she do to immediately control the fleas? I would just hate for her house to become infested as ours did.

You can get capstar or similar from the bigger supermarkets now.

The problem with dividing tablets into small pieces is that the active ingredient isn't always evenly distributed thru the tablets.

You can get capstar or similar from the bigger supermarkets now.

The problem with dividing tablets into small pieces is that the active ingredient isn't always evenly distributed thru the tablets.

Thanks Janba, I suspected this could be the case, I'll just suggest she go and buy the right ones I guess, was just trying to save her the trip.