Dog Training

Hi

I know the feeling

Big recommendation for the Sunshine coast obedience club they are awesome - $70 for 8 lessons - Ballinger Rd - Signs on side of road to direct

I am currently half way through their beginners course and it has worked wonders with my dogs

First lesson is theory then 7 practical and a demo

Every monday night between 1845- 1915

I expect they are about to take names for their next course as they run them every 4 weeks

We had heaps sign up with us but you are split up into small groups of approx 8

They also give individual help with dogs during the classes if you are having trouble

They do recommend that it is the same person every week and not for kids - however if you alternate with a partner they dont mind too much

If you have 2 dogs they put them in separate classes - been great for us

Some of the instructors have some good titles in obedience

Can't speak highly enough of them

Purely run by volunteers

Once you have done the beginner course you can do an intermediate course and also participate in the agility and flyball run on different times

PM me if you want further info

Ring - 0404 360 003

If you do end up coming I have the 2 whippets in jackets up there

Can also recommend another lady by the name of Jenny who lives in Caloundra - she does a lot of work with dogs using Cesar millan theories and I have rave reviews about her and taming a lab pup.

I didn't have a good experience with the K9 centre - good trainer but bit expensive - would only really recommend it if you have serious issues with your dog

Hi Neats, thanks for the info, I will try to contact Ballinger road, the only problem I have is that I work shifts so I cannot guarantee I will be able to get to every one which would be a shame.

I was speaking to a lady the other day who gave the name of Jenny SMITH from Caloundra area, I assume this is the Jenny you are talking about, its good to hear that you have also heard good things about her and considering I have a Lab pup she maybe the one to talk with :cry:

Thanks again

Cliff & Stanley the choc lab.

Might be a bit of a drive for you, but Jane Harper works out of Redclife - I'm sure she could help you even if it was to refer you to a trainer or club closer to you :cry:

Her email is [email protected]

Many DOLers have used her and she's a lovely and very knowledgable behaviourist and trainer.

i am an emergency doctor on shift work and haven't had any trouble with this course

the improvement in my dogs is just huge and wonderful

Now I know why you were up at 5am :) . I have phoned Balinger road and they are taking names for August, this probably works out well as it gives me a chance to request not to work Monday evenings. :)

he he

the best thing about Ballinger is there are lots of dogs worse than yours

:)

Hi Neats, I know what you mean, I called in on Monday to enrol Stanley for classes starting in August, I then stayed and watched, I loved their coats :) . There was a new class doing the orientation and next Monday is their 1st day with the dogs, I will probably call in and watch so I can see if Stan is going to be the worst behaved on his 1st day :( .

Hi

I know the feeling

Big recommendation for the Sunshine coast obedience club they are awesome - $70 for 8 lessons - Ballinger Rd - Signs on side of road to direct

I am currently half way through their beginners course and it has worked wonders with my dogs

First lesson is theory then 7 practical and a demo

Every monday night between 1845- 1915

I expect they are about to take names for their next course as they run them every 4 weeks

We had heaps sign up with us but you are split up into small groups of approx 8

They also give individual help with dogs during the classes if you are having trouble

They do recommend that it is the same person every week and not for kids - however if you alternate with a partner they dont mind too much

If you have 2 dogs they put them in separate classes - been great for us

Some of the instructors have some good titles in obedience

Can't speak highly enough of them

Purely run by volunteers

Once you have done the beginner course you can do an intermediate course and also participate in the agility and flyball run on different times

PM me if you want further info

Ring - 0404 360 003

If you do end up coming I have the 2 whippets in jackets up there

Can also recommend another lady by the name of Jenny who lives in Caloundra - she does a lot of work with dogs using Cesar millan theories and I have rave reviews about her and taming a lab pup.

I didn't have a good experience with the K9 centre - good trainer but bit expensive - would only really recommend it if you have serious issues with your dog

Do you happen to have a contact number for Jenny ??? I'm interested :-) Thanks

cliffandmandy

you should watch my class - the little whippet - bronwn and white with a blue/grey camo coat. there are some terrible dogs. the golden lab is the worst handled by a guy. poor guy.

the class that my black and white is in seems a little better.

come and say hi - the whippets are us

Edited by harrisan

cliffandmandy

you should watch my class - the little whippet - bronwn and white with a blue/grey camo coat. there are some terrible dogs. the golden lab is the worst handled by a guy. poor guy.

hmm jenny smith - 54 99 7994

she uses cesar millan techniques and i have heard good things

Thanks Neats :thumbsup: Its greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

cliffandmandy

hmm jenny smith - 54 99 7994

she uses cesar millan techniques and i have heard good things

I shall be there on Monday to watch and try to get some tips before Stan is set loose and probably expelled. Again can say heard good things with Jenny Smith, I am thinking about contacting her to get some one on one before I start the classes in August but I dont know if it would be a bit insulting to her knowing that I am going to the classes.

Never fear there are some terrible dogs especially on your first night. Some of the worst are the loveing lab puppies there are about 4 around at present they are so devious.

Some of the worst are the shepherds and a great dane.

No one minds they just want to help