Vaccination Prices

Hi neatz... yes, that's at the pool, or if he comes out to vaccinate/micro-chip litters. It certainly is a great price! I usually only use him if my puppies/dogs have been recently checked out. I can't remember what the micro-chips cost - i think around $26 or $28 which is also very good.

On breeders discount I pay only $30 per dog for a Protec C5 they also do my cat for the F5 for $22. At least thats what I paid last vaccination, last year. The animals still all get a good check over too. As long as your dog is still getting the same vaccination and you are happy with a basic check over then shop around for the best price. Be aware though that at the cheaper prices you won't necessarily get a vet checking your pets but perhaps a vet nurse. I don't have a problem with this as I can monitor my pets health myself and if I feel the need for a more detailed check I can request it from the vet.

Also for a couple of dollars more there is a mobile vet that will come to your home for vaccinations etc, which is easier that transporting a bunch of pups and safer for them health wise as well.

Even if you are not a breeder, if you have a mobile vet operating in your area perhaps you could arrange a doggie vaccination day in your street or amoungst friends and work a discounted price with the vet if you got enough dogs involved. Vet gets more business , your pockets aren't quiet as empty and more dogs around your own are vaccinated.

This thread has got me wondering. my pup had his second vaccination 2 weeks ago and due for his 3rd in another 2 weeks. Is it common practice for vets to only charge the c5 without the consultation fee? Initially i had the impression that the 2 came hand in hand (ie consult fee+ vacination) but reading the previous posts suggests that this is possible.

Since the pup was checked 4 weeks ago (when he goes for his 3rd vaccine), do I really need the vet to examine again? that will set me back another $60+. Hoping to get some understanding on this. If it isn't common, then i won't bother asking my vet whether this can be done.

In 2007 I had 5 pups done with Protech C5 vaccinations at 12wks each pup had a routine check ie temp, mouths, eyes, boys checked for testicles, etc and the total was $90.00 which was the cost of the vaccination. Admittadly I get breeders rate but it might still pay for you to shop around.

I was definitely dudded. I just payed $75 for a c3 for my pup- even though I had asked for a c4, I got a load of vaccine squirted in my face, my boy didn't get a general once over (well, except a feel for his testes), didn't answer my questions or seem any bit interested in either of us.

I must have payed a little more to get myself vaccinated aswell.

Needless to say, never going back!