Bell Ringing

My dog is house-trained but when we are in our lounge room (where we spend most of our time) we can't see when she asks for the door. I wanted to try and train her to ring a bell so we could hear regardless where we were in the house but the bells I bought were too small and didn't make enough of a noise.

I'm hoping to find a bell that is more the type that is found at the reception desk - one that is like a dome that you make 'ding' by pressing down. Can any one point me in the right direction on where to purchase from and also any tips?

(I am in WA)

Bunnings may have something like it. Cheap-As-Chips normally have random things like bells.

I found this dumb bell collar at Christmas time that worked quite well. Perhaps craft stores have similar bells (like bells on a string), or perhaps you could get a cat-collar bell?

Thanks - Officeworks might be the place I start!

Leema - I have bought craft bells before and I had a few on a string but they just weren't loud enough that's why I thought the dome bell might give us a better chance of hearing it.

Just a thought, what about going to Repco or similar and buying a car horn. You know the type with the black bulb on the end that you squeeze. YOu could either put it down low and teach your dog to stand on it or mount it up a bit higher and teach the dog to squeeze it.

Worth a shot.