Vet In Brisbane South

Hi All

Since I got such a wonderful inside on Canine Country from DOL, I'm hoping I can get some recommendations for a vet on the southside of Brisbane. Around the Stones Corner / Mt Gravatt / Rocklea area (anywhere with in this area or just outside preferred).

I have a lovely vet that I take the dogs to at Indooroopilly, but it is not really close to home, so I'm thinking I probably need to find one that's a little bit more local.

I have two French Bulldogs - both desexed, 1 has CRF, the other has back problems / itchy feet and nose folds.

Generally I see a hollistic vet, who I will continue to see, but I need one to do the other stuff - such as blood tests, dental stuff, emergency visits (eg fluids for CRF) and this is why I'd like one close to home.

Currently paying $56.00 for consult, $44.00 for urinalysis and $80.00 for blood profile (CRF levels), but not necessarily looking for a cheaper vet. Just after recommendations for someone that is good, thorough and up-to-date with treatment options.

Thanks!

The vet i go to is the Salisbury Vet Surgery on Lillian Ave - i've always been happy with the vets and the vet nurses as well :) I've been going there when in need of a vet for years :laugh:

The vet i go to is the Salisbury Vet Surgery on Lillian Ave - i've always been happy with the vets and the vet nurses as well :eek: I've been going there when in need of a vet for years :o

I used to go to them nearly 20 years ago...they were very good then (I know that doesn't help you now! :laugh: ). I can also recommend Greencross at Woolloongabba all the vets there are good, but I mostly see Dr Tim. :)

The vet i go to is the Salisbury Vet Surgery on Lillian Ave - i've always been happy with the vets and the vet nurses as well :) I've been going there when in need of a vet for years :laugh:

That is where I went when I first got Griffin, but was unsure about taking Callista there as the vet had no idea about what hemi-vertebrae were when I spoke to him about possible problems prior to agreeing to taking her from the breeder.

Might be worth giving them another shot.

Could depend on if you got the normal guy or the locum vet - the guy i normally see is great tho has been there forever...or at least for the last 10 or so yrs that i've been taking critters there. But i do prefer to see the actual vet, if there is a locum and it's not an emergency i wait.

For example - i took one of my dogs there because of a lump?rash? thing (can't really remember now) and he gave me the run down of what it was and said not to wory about it and that it would clear up within about 2-3weeks on it's own without worry. But that vets would often prescibe anything from creams to antibiotics to 'fix it' - it would work of course because it would heal up on it's own anyway. Sure enough a friend of mine a year or so later had the same thing occur on one of their dogs - their vet prescribed cream and antibiotics - my $45 visit compared to their $170 visit for the same thing.

Could depend on if you got the normal guy or the locum vet - the guy i normally see is great tho has been there forever...or at least for the last 10 or so yrs that i've been taking critters there.

I wonder if that is the same guy that was there when I used to go...can't remember his name though.

I can also recommend Greencross at Woolloongabba all the vets there are good, but I mostly see Dr Tim. :thumbsup:

Another thumbs up for Dr Tim at Greencross Woolloongabba :D

I had to see him recently for an a/h emergency when I couldn't get to my own clinic. He was great.