Canine Good Citizen

I have heard about this in another thread and was wondering what it entails? I lovely DOL'er gave me some contact details for the local group but on the delta website if you click the CGC link it only brings up the instructors course?

Is there anyone who has done it who could enlighten me a little? What did you get out of it, what did the dog get out of it? We are going to go along to obedience classes in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

In the meantime I will email the contact.

Thankyou

Bec

I found the handbook they gave me!

It goes through what they do each week. Contents for the booklet inclue How Dogs Learn, Seven Dog Groups, Respect and Trust, You Success in reaching your Whole of Life Goals, Motivational Training and Appropriate Motivator, Rules of Learning, Weekly Goals, Care for you Dog, First Aid for your Dog, Heat Stress, Parasites, Diet in Dogs, Barking, No Sticks Please, Chocolate a Deadly Treat, Dog Ownership Responsibility.

There is a short assessment and evaluation towards the end of the course that you have to fill out but it's all based on the notes and pretty easy.