Help Please

Guest Pandii

Guest Pandii

My son has been on a 9 day trip, ont he way home he accidently deleted all images intead of just the selected image.

Can I recover the images some how please

Its a traveller DC 8900 digital

Traveller High speed SD card 1g

Thanks so much for any help

the most important thing to do is to NOT take any more photos using the card as this makes it really difficult to recover files.

you should be able to recover the files as they aren't fully deleted.

if you can connect the card to a pc then any of the undelete programs should recover the files

Guest Pandii

ok, no more photos taken and can connect to a PC, do I then need a undelte programme?? what would you recommend

KJA, I am waiting for you link to open, I will return :happydance:

:laugh: I don't know why the link won't open for you, it pops right open for me when I just tested it.

The link is one of the programs that Jaxx is talking about ... there are quite a few out there for all sorts of budgets, I think.

Guest Pandii

ok, I downloaded th edemo and if recovered the photos, but to save them I have to buy the programme

In the mean time should I be able to unplug the camera from my PC

ok, I downloaded th edemo and if recovered the photos, but to save them I have to buy the programme

In the mean time should I be able to unplug the camera from my PC

ok if the program says it can find and recover the files, you can unplug from the pc,but still DO NOT take any photos with the card.

buy the product if you can and get the photos off the card. once you have done this you are home and hosed!!!!

Guest Pandii

Thansk so much, just oneslight problem, I cant buy the programme, I have no credit card, so off I went to our lovely camera shop this morning, and for a costly $60 he will recover the photos, put them on a CD and print them for me.

I will be looking at a way to buy this programme, as my other child did this last year on school camp and I am sure it will happen again :laugh:

Thanks so much, my boy would of been very sad to loose 9 days of photos and he is a great photographer for only 11, here are some he has taken before

resize5.jpg

resoze5.jpg

resize4.jpg

resize6.jpg

Bummer on the no credit card thing - that makes it tough!

Glad you found someone locally to deal with it this time around.

FWIW Sandisk come with a little photo recovery program diskette and Transcends have some sort of thing built in to all of their cards, I believe. Both are very good brands with the Transcends being excellent bargains, too ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Bummer on the no credit card thing - that makes it tough!

Glad you found someone locally to deal with it this time around.

FWIW Sandisk come with a little photo recovery program diskette and Transcends have some sort of thing built in to all of their cards, I believe. Both are very good brands with the Transcends being excellent bargains, too ;)

Could you tell me more about the photo recovery program diskette with Sandisk, I use Sandisk memory cards but don't know about the recovery diskette. I work in a photlab and often have customers in the position of having wiped their holiday shots would love to be able to advise them of this diskette. I knew that there was a way to recover their photos but have heard that it is an expensive process, which is ofputting for most of them.

PhotoRescue is like $30 so it's not expensive at all, I don't think. It *can* get crazy expensive to recover a hard drive, but generally cards not so much expense as a bit scary! I think there are other recovery programs out there that are under $100, too.

The SanDisk disk-thingy has RescuePro on it. I've only bought Ultra's from SanDisk and I've gotten one of the pesky things with every card I've bought. Never used it.

I also use Transcend cards because a) they're usually a totally awesome value and b) they work just as well as more expensive cards, I've found. Two other nice things about Transcend:

- carry Transcend’s Lifetime Warranty.

- Built-in hardware ECC technology for detecting and correcting errors

PhotoRescue is like $30 so it's not expensive at all, I don't think. It *can* get crazy expensive to recover a hard drive, but generally cards not so much expense as a bit scary! I think there are other recovery programs out there that are under $100, too.

The SanDisk disk-thingy has RescuePro on it. I've only bought Ultra's from SanDisk and I've gotten one of the pesky things with every card I've bought. Never used it.

I also use Transcend cards because a) they're usually a totally awesome value and b) they work just as well as more expensive cards, I've found. Two other nice things about Transcend:

- carry Transcend’s Lifetime Warranty.

- Built-in hardware ECC technology for detecting and correcting errors

Thanks for that kja, might have to speak to the Sandisk rep about that next time they are in, don't get much ultra though so maybe that's why I've not seen them. $30 is cheaper than I thought it would be, certainly not alot when it comes to memories.