Is This Kennel Cough?

My 7 month old boxer pup started sneezing yesterday and had a runny nose with yellow discharge from one nostril, he seemed better this morning.

He hasn't eaten at all today, can't even tempt him with his favorite food.

He had a big sneeze about 10 minutes ago with a big amount of yellow/green thick mucous from both nostrils and when i wiped it seemed to have a tinge of blood in it.

He isn't coughing at all.

He had KC vacc about 2 months ago.

Are these symptoms of KC?

Poor pup :happydance:

With the purulent discharge, and loss of appetite- make sure he is drinking, so he doesn't get dehydrated. He probably has a temperature too :thumbsup:

I STRONGLY suggest a Vet visit tomorrow morning!!Sounds as if he has a nasty infection in his sinus :cheer:

Yellow/green is not good ...

Doesn't sound like kennel cough- that is a tracheitis.. irritation in the trachea- resulting in a cough..and opening the way for further infection...

It's not kennel cough from my experience. My Maze, after only a few days coming home from Wyong pound, after his initial adoption , had kennel cough real bad. Essentially it sounded like vomiting followed by a large amount of mucus being "vomited" (or more precisely as being coughed up) in front of him. This went on for a few days, even after seeing the vets & getting antibiotics etc. Futhermore then my Digger got the same thing, even with vaccine protection, nonetheless he came down with the same thing.

In truth I don't know what your dogs has. But the number one thing here is to see your vet tomorrow morning. My golden rule is whenever there's blood it's serious. So see your vet.

Edited by DMA

I thought the same as Kuntooki. I'd get it checked fairly soon, as foreign bodies up the nose carry the potential to work themselves up backwards making the situation even worse or more difficult to resolve.

ETA : Although what's thrown my original thoughts on re-reading the OP is that the discharge is from both nostrils rather than from only one.

Edited by Erny