De Nose Nos

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has used this product, and the outcome of it?

It doesnt say much about the contents, and im wondering with the nose being a sensitive body part if the chemicals may hurt the dog?

Thanks

Sarah

Edited to add: I am looking at using this on a dog that typically has a black nose, but has gotten a winter nose with the lack of sunshine

Edited by CruiseNRoxy

I don't know this product. I've found that either kelp powder or livamol works for "winter nose" in retrievers. You only need a small amount. But the breed of dog may make a difference - different products may work for different breeds.

It works very well if the dog is compliant. If the dog struggles and licks his nose constantly, then the result is poor.

It doesn't seem to harm the dog at all and I haven't known a dog with a reaction to it, but it is smelly so some dogs find it yucky, therefore there is a struggle to get it on.

Basically... you don't know the result or efficacy till you try it on each dog!! But it does work if used properly.

Try adding some Ironcyclen to his food first. If that doesn't work, then De Nose Nos might. It doesn't work on all of them. A lot depends upon their skin type, normal pigmentation etc.

When you apply it, use a stiff paper serviette and fold it like you are going to make cut-out doilies (remember the activity from school days?). Then cut out a small corner and open up the serviette again and apply it over the nose so that the face is covered, but the nose is sticking out of the serviette. You've got a clear field then to use the product on the nose and less chance of the dog licking it whilst still wet OR having it leech into the hair around the nose until it dries.

Thanks everyone for your responses

I have been warned about using Kelp, i was using it, but stopped because I heard some bad things about it.

Where would I find Ironcycles Ellz?

I think it may possibly a winter nose Moose

Ellz, I just finished looking up Ironcyclen and that isnt an option as Westies do have Copper Toxicosis as a listed health problem, and I wouldnt want to do anything to increase his chances of having this problem.

Thanks all,

I found it to work well on my Westies nose, it will need reapplying before each show though.

Someone saw the difference on my dog, and wanted me to try it on their dog, didnt work as well as the dog likes to dunk his head in the water bucket and lick his nose lots