Parsley

Hey :cheer:

So... my terror head of an 8 week old GSD puppy has decided that he quite likes nibbling on the parsley plant I have growing near the back door. He is an inside dog, but whenever we go out to play or pee he almost always tries to have a chew.

Is it something that is good for them or bad for them??

I feed Parsley (along with other herbs) to my dogs , there are many benefits.

Parsley leaves and stems are very nutritive, and can therefore be used to treat dogs with anemia. The leaves also have antiseptic properties and are helpful in treating urinary tract infections.

This herb is diuretic and is therefore useful in boosting kidney function.

In addition, it is a carminative herb which strengthens intestinal muscles. It is therefore effective in treating colic and flatulent dyspepsia.

To feed parsley to your dog as a nutritive tonic or treat urinary or gastric disorders, try to make juice out of fresh leaves by adding water to some fresh leaves and blend them in a blender or juicer. Feed the juice directly to your dog with an empty stomach or add to his drinking water. (1 teaspoon/20 lbs of the dog's body weight).

Parsley root is excellent in treating dogs with arthritis. For this purpose, a tincture (1-2 ml/30 lbs of body weight) or a strong tea of the dried or freshly grated root (1-2 teaspoon of tea) can be used.

You would avoid using Parsley on a dog with kidney inflammation or Pregnant bitches.