Can Teething Give Them The Runs?

So Toby is almost 6 months old his diet is normally Royal canin morning and lunch and chicken necks for dinner. He tends to hold out for his necks all day and isnt really loving his royal canin except when I use it for training.

He is teething at the moment and has had soft stools now for a few days which are now quite runny. He normally has very firm stools. He is happy, alert, drinking and weeing. Has great caplillary refill. Annoyed that hes having his bum washed several times a day. He is not off his food at all and wants to go for a walk and do his training (while we have done some obedience a few times a day I havent walked him for two days). So like with babies, can they just simply get the runs as a side effect of teething?? I have switched him to boiled chicken with rice since yesterday. It seemed to improve a bit yesterday so I let him have a chicken neck this morning and its now runny, so back to the chicken and rice.

If he shows any signs of dehydration or anything else I will of course take him to a vet ASAP otherwise he will be watched closely and if no improvement he will go on monday morning

Cheers

Bec

Teething can be painful and pain can create stress and stress can create an upset tummy so it's possible.

Could be anything else as well.

Bum washes? Man I'm happy I have short coated dogs!

He has been having chicken necks for the past three months hes been here and before that with his breeder. Hubby added some proplan puppy in which of course could be the culprit although it was a tiny ammount in with his royal canin , but not even a 1/2 handful a day.

He was shown and had obedience last weekend so I guess there is a possibility he picked up something but really apart from the runs the dog is himself. Initiating all his fave games like fetch ect. The only time he is ever unhappy is when I dont give him his patch on the bed quick enough lol. It seemes to have slowed somewhat and he has only had two trips to poop since 5pm. He is having frequent small serves of chicken and rice for his tummy which I have been giving him warmed. Chew toys are in the freezer for his gums and hubby is complaining the dog gets looked after better than him.

And sas - yep be thankful!! lol good thing I am an endoscopy nurse and it doesnt phase me. I have a squeezy bottle of diluted shampoo by the tub for a quick a warm water rinse under a running tap - thankful that he is a toy breed though :cry: