Stealing The Washing

pcarr

My Dane started pulling washin off the line while I was at work, because it looked interesting flapping in the breeze >.<

I now hang my washing on clothes horses inside, and both dogs leave it alone. One will occasionally pick up a sock and walk around with it but then they get bored with it and spit it out.

Our beagle pup loves to "help" with the washing too. He doesn't chew items though or run away. We just make him sit when I am loading washing and if he does get anything that has dropped we "bhaa" at him and tell him "give it" which he does. But because he loves being around so much especially when I am hanging the washing....I now let him "help" .

This is what I do. I put the washing basket on a small table that he cannot reach and I put the basket of pegs on the ground (they are chunky pegs, plastic only and no springs) I say "get the peg" and as soon as one is in his mouth I say "ta" and he gives it to me.....so I guess I am in the process of training him to pass the pegs. He is having so much fun doing that that he doesn't even worry about the clothes. So maybe look for a creative way to challenge his mind.

That said...I am a stay at home mum with a little extra time that some one who works...so not sure if that is the solution to your problem but.......it was just food for thought!

added: I guess it is like little kids. Don't focus as much on what they can't do as sometimes the repetition falls on deaf ears....focus more on what they can do and lits of praise....

Edited by bax09