Your Dog's Unusual Food Preferences

poodlefan

Winston (cocker spaniel) loves those prawn cracker things they sell at Chinese fast food places but his latest addiction that he just goes crazy for is water *in a glass*.

If he sees me drinking a glass of water there is no escape! I dunno why he thinks it's any different to what's in his bowl but he's pretty darn sure that if it's in a glass then it's special :)

One evening my husband was late home for dinner, so I put his plate in the fridge and left the table set for him, and covered the bread basket which contained garlic bread, with a cloth and left it on the table.

When he got home, I mic'd his dinner and set it down for him, and was explaining I'd left the bread on the table and if he wanted it warm it would probably be OK in the microwave too. As I was talking I lifted off the cloth, only to find a completely empty basket.....not even a crumb left!

Not sure which one was the thief, they both looked equally happy with themselves.

Dusty will walk over hot coals for jelly lollies. They both love watermelon.

Check their breath!! :)

Charlie likes mint (mouth refresher thingy). My sister accidently drop one on the floor and Charlie sniffed it and ate it, then sat patiencely waiting for more. He does have nice breathe after eating one though.. :)

He will choose fruit over meat too.

Kokoro - Charlie does this too :( I thought I was the only one!!

I always have a glass of water before going to bed.. so for a joke, I gave him a small glass of water from a cup, and he drinks from the cup too. We both now have our own cup in my bathroom... before we go to bed, I have a glass of water and so does Charlie.

When I was growing up we had a black lab who would pick the ripe strawberries and my brother and I got into all sorts of trouble for taking them. Couldn't convince Mom that it wasn't us until she caught him one day.

The Kerry girl will only drink water from a glass at night (bowl is ok during the day) so OH has a glass for her on the bedside table but she MUST stand on his chest to drink.

He just loves that in the middle of the night.

I had a young Kerry who loved mangoes and ate them off the ground. Just imagine a kerry beard full of mango juice and fibres and the front legs where he held it.

And a Boston who picked and ate grapefuit. You could see his face screw up as he bit into the skin but he continued to eat all the flesh and leave the skin.

My mouth is watering as I can still see him and grapefruit is not my favourite fruit at all.

Most of my dogs all love their fruit.

My little female Aussie terrier will eat just about anything.

She love's standing in the kitchen with me when I'm preparing meals in the hope I will drop something on the floor, she has even eaten frozen peas. :rofl:

She loves all fruit & vegies, especially raw cabbage, raw carrot, pumpkin, raw potato & potato skins, apples, banana & strawberries.

Bailey is a little more fussier but he does love carrots, vegemite toast & apples. :rofl:

Cake mix, Winston (Chi x) goes absolutely NUTS for cake mix. Hates the noise of the beaters so he will hide around the corner of the bench while that's on, but as soon as it switches off....that's it, he's dancing around my feet waiting to lick the beaters. He also has a big thing about having a little drink of the leftover milk in my cereal bowl of a morning. Nutrigrain is his favourite :thumbsup:

Bakari is so fussy! He wont eat raw carrot but he'll eat it cooked, wont eat peas unless they are cooked, wont touch brocolli or cauliflower, wont eat ANY kind of fruit. Isn't a big fan of pork, wont eat lamb unless I've browned it a bit first, wont eat Kangaroo - only beef and chicken, wont touch any kind of offal. Nearly every other ridgy person that shows uses cheerios/frankfurts for bait - he spits them out. Loves mashed potato but not a fan of roast potato. :thumbsup:

My ridgeback is broken! :thumbsup:

Meisha wont eat fruit either, but everything else is fair game...

Whippet of Mass Destruction!!!!! :rofl::eek: :D :) I love it!!!

George (SBT) loves most things but anything new he takes in his mouth swills it around a bit, spits it out, then if he likes it he'll eat it. He's done it several times with his antibiotic tablets this week! Even chewed one up!

He also LOVES marie biscuits.