2009 Australian Flyball Championships

Hi all

Just to let all the dog sport nuts know we are less than 4 weeks away from the 2009 Australian Flyball Championships to held at Castle Hill, Sydney on 17 & 18 October.

Attached is a flyer with info. If you would like further info go to www.flyball.org.au or PM me.

thanks

post-11623-1253650296_thumb.jpg

Edited by wherezaball

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just to let all the dog sport nuts know we are less than 4 weeks away from the 2009 Australian Flyball Championships to held at Castle Hill, Sydney on 17 & 18 October.

Attached is a flyer with info. If you would like further info go to www.flyball.org.au or PM me.

thanks

Only 4 weeks!! I'd better tell the others we have to start training......... :(

See you there.

:confused: could not get a house, and it was all going to end up being to expensive so once again we are not going to this years Nats :).

Have a great time everyone.

Shhh it is to close to fast. Still need to get the tent out and re water proof it. Any one else staying at the grounds?

Clover: How long has it been since that tent of yours has seen the light.

Yep, we will be at the grounds. Tent and puppies will get a work out 2 weeks earlier at the ADAA GP at Macksville so we should be well and truly prepared.

We will be there, looking forward to it. The dogs had their first taste of Flyball since Easter on Wednesday night... lets just say they were a little excited LOL.

I am attempting to get them flyball fit in time... hopefully they dont collapse on me after 2 days of running in the heat.

Last I heard it was 35ish :)

41 teams all up across 8 divisions and 243 races over 2 days...the biggest flyball competition ever held in Australia...

With 8 divisions I imagine that the seed times in each division are quite tight so there should be close competition within each division. It's mine and Ebons first natiuonals and I can hardly wait,....... as long as the silly so and so doesn't get two yellow cards on Saturday morning!

Last I heard it was 35ish :)

41 teams all up across 8 divisions and 243 races over 2 days...the biggest flyball competition ever held in Australia...

:D and we thought it was hard work getting in and out of the rings last year! At least we won't have cows to worry about this year. :D

:) and we thought it was hard work getting in and out of the rings last year! At least we won't have cows to worry about this year. :D

Yeah, but this time we have a better idea of how it works and what to expect so should be better. Hopefully!

Cows? yes I will be there.. :D Though I have been called worse :rofl:

When are you guys travelling down?

Hi there,

I am busy making the tug toys that I will be selling at the nationals and want

to get a bit of an idea of what people would like. So far I have only been

making various coloured ones, some with patterned fleece etc. I will be making

some in team colours too so if there is any specific colour teams would like

(matching tugs perhaps???) let me know via email and I can get them sorted :)

This is what they look like:

(previous tugs)

2917447929_354926f2ec.jpg

(so far for nationals)

3964225632_07a887240a.jpg

I will also be making some tug leads so let me know about colours for those too.

2917446851_43f5465cd5.jpg

These tugs and leads are very durable, Charlie's tugtoy is over 12months old and still looks exactly the same (minus the dangly bits at the end).

3963450053_31521316a2.jpg

It is used as his flyball and agility tug as well as frequently being left on the loungeroom floor to be played with

by our 5 border collies so you imagine the workout it receives :D Both my dogs still have their original leads, I made them 18months ago.

Not sure exactly what I will be pricing them at, probably $10-12 each. I will do a deal if an entire team wants a matching set.

Bec

Edited by DeltaCharlie

:rofl: and we thought it was hard work getting in and out of the rings last year! At least we won't have cows to worry about this year. :(

Yeah, but this time we have a better idea of how it works and what to expect so should be better. Hopefully!

Cows? yes I will be there.. :D Though I have been called worse ;)

When are you guys travelling down?

I wasn't game to go there!! ;)

We are gong to be a motley bunch mostly arriving Thursday afternoon - some of us flying (Ros, Rach, Jane and I think Anne (Alfie's mum - Alfie won't be there though) and Jan, Mike and Morgan are driving down over a couple of days and Malina and I are going to drive down on Thursday. (too many events in Oct - GP, this weekend, then flyball, then WDG.......work not happy......but at least they have let me go in arrears with my leave!)