Behaviourist In Perth

soniq

ricey as always you are my hero!

Will let you know what date we will start at northern suburbs :thumbsup:

I am going to stick with the halti for a bit ... for the long term I hope to stop the pulling with training however I wont be able to walk him if I dont have an arm!!

Hi, Good on you! From what I've heard, Northern Suburbs has an excellent reputation. The head trainer gets scores of 198-200 using PURELY POSITIVE methods.

Yep, she does ... and she's not the only one... quite a few of the trainers there consistantly acheieved very good results. Just a bummer for us, that the method of training isn't perfect for our situation, we have to use what works.

Soniq- a lady by the name of Bernice is awesome, will do whatever she can to help (even private research on problems which she'll mail to you at home)... so is Kerry (the owner of the the 'perfect' poodles.)

I'm sure Riceys collar will fit, but even if you do need to purchase a new one for Bayley, they are only about $6-8 each if you are a club member... and Kongs are dirt cheap.

Sounds as though Northern Suburbs is right for you Soniq .. but for anyone out the Hills way, Jacquie Humphries from Dog Logic in Stoneville is a fantastic trainer & is accredited by The Canine Evaluators of Australia.

I haven't used a halti or choke chain on Bouf since my first workshop with her, & am now comfortable taking him anywhere .. even though I've got a back injury at the moment.

"The Other End of the Leash" was one of the books she recommends.

• 2 weeks later...