Puppy Nipping Older Sister's Legs!

Lollydog

We have an 11-week-old JRT, Lolly, and a 2-year-old rescue dog, Kammy. Kammy suffers Lolly's youthful exhuberance and lack of social skills very well. However, our Lolly loves to latch onto Kammy's back legs, notably her knees! Poor Kammy's legs are rather fine and she has very short hair, so Lolly's biting has, on occasion, actually drawn blood.

Kammy puts up with the assaults upon her legs with great stoicism but I can see from her face that she finds them tiresome. It's one thing getting a puppy to stop biting people - nearly there with that one - but how can I stop her nipping poor Kammy's legs? I've tried growling at her when she does this, but she simply takes no notice, obviously thinking it is just none of my business!

Aw, poor Kammy. My boy is sometimes a little too nice for his own good with the puppy as well. If he yelps and Erik doesn't take any notice, I go and take Erik away. Sometimes when he gets really worked up the best thing is to pop him in his pen with a pig snout or something similar.

My two do the leg grabbing thing, but only when they are playing, i often see Kaos dragging Atlas around the yard by a leg :mad she wants to play and he doesnt, so he just limps around after her.

I would give the pup a time out when ever she does it