Bone Problem Tonight When Feeding Tea

4 Paws

When I fed my lot tonight I gave the 2 shepherds a roo tail bone and there regular Artemis Biscuits which they have had many times.One of my girls all of a sudden let out a scream and left her bowl and raced up the back yard and was pacing.She than vomited up some of the biscuits and frothy stuff but was still not herself and paced some more,vomiting again.I checked the roof of her mouth and the back of her throat but all was clear.

I did try ringing my reg vet but it was just after 5.30pm and I wasn't really sure if it was an emergency.I went back out and she eventually came back down and seemed fine so i have had her inside keeping an eye on her.She is drinking ok and I gave her a little soft food and she ate it ok.

What I'm wondering ,should I be worried that it may cause any internal damage?I'm gathering she didn't chew the bone properly and hurt herself swalling it.Should I ring the vets tomorrow?

I would watch her. If she continues to throw up or show any sort of discomfort then a vet trip is needed.

I would no feed bones and kibble together. I would think dogs might get confused because amny of them really don't chew kibble so thye might think that they do not have to chew the bone if fed at the same time.