Thinking About This Whole Pit Bull Thing

amy_h

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and i think having ago at Tybrax about overturning bsl, is a punch below the belt, Tybrax has been involved in anti bsl stuff as long as ive been around the dogs and has been active in anti bsl stuff the whole time, and i will say confidently shes done more than anyone else here when it comes down to the crunch. so if you dont agree fine leave it there but joking about someone thats done more than you on the subject is just wrong.

Agree with that. Having a go at Tybrax was just bloody nasty. She deserves nothing but respect for all she's been through. :laugh:

Edited by rottiadora

:laugh: posts Chris!

It's not only wrong Is downright rude!

Tybrax Is part of a wonderful and dedicated team, who are and have been for a long time committed to the cause,

It seems some are quick to throw Insults before they even know the facts!

And for the question asking what damage an APBT can do! maybe a little common sense wouldn't

go astray! What damage can other breeds do??

It's not what they can do, but why Is this happening?? For a breed that Is not meant to be HA

My answer Is that BSL has pushed the unscrupulous breeders underground, where

they continue to breed dogs of unstable temperaments, breeding dogs that don't confirm to the breed standards and who are just In It for the money, and not for the welfare of the dogs!

Then you get the D*%$heads attracted to them, who don't give a damn, and they are the ones

who end up In the papers, which then In return tarnishes the whole breed! and the responsible owners alike.

We can dress the Pit In pretty pink collars, and parade them around as good citizens dogs,

but how Is that going to stop the undesirables attracted to the breed for all the wrong reasons?

Doesn't many other breeds out there also attract the undesirables?? I'm sure they're not all attracted to the bull breeds!

And as much as everyone hates this one, there Is the fact that sometimes the attacks published are not by an APBT, therefore causing more hysteria among the general public!

And we get told to stop arguing the breed Id as It makes no difference, well I ask how does a wrong ID do any good for a breed that Is already In the firing line??

atleast you now admit that the apbt is no staffy.

But they do have a lot in common. Both in history and behaviour.

I have seen staffies that would equal an APBT when it comes dog/animal aggression and locking on (strength excluded).

Many staffy owners don the rose coloured glasses. They are prone to it too.

Anyone who truly knows and understands the staffy would not deny this.

Staffies are great little fighters and hunters

huntingstaffords4.jpg

The British "brotha's" like the Staffy too. (the dog on the right)

HoodsNstaffss.jpg

Im talking about the breeds as wholes. Not rare individuals in both breeds. And im also talking about in Australia, it gets out of context when people start mentioning things from overseas.

;) posts Chris!

It's not only wrong Is downright rude!

Tybrax Is part of a wonderful and dedicated team, who are and have been for a long time committed to the cause,

It seems some are quick to throw Insults before they even know the facts!

And for the question asking what damage an APBT can do! maybe a little common sense wouldn't

go astray! What damage can other breeds do??

It's not what they can do, but why Is this happening?? For a breed that Is not meant to be HA

My answer Is that BSL has pushed the unscrupulous breeders underground, where

they continue to breed dogs of unstable temperaments, breeding dogs that don't confirm to the breed standards and who are just In It for the money, and not for the welfare of the dogs!

Then you get the D*%$heads attracted to them, who don't give a damn, and they are the ones

who end up In the papers, which then In return tarnishes the whole breed! and the responsible owners alike.

I dont understand how BSL ruined the breed??? how did you jump to this conclusion. Didnt any 'unscrupulous' breeders exist before BSL was introduced. And what kind of standards are you talking about?

I agree for the 'in for the money' part. Cause that definatly is a reason the breed is where it is today.

We can dress the Pit In pretty pink collars, and parade them around as good citizens dogs,

but how Is that going to stop the undesirables attracted to the breed for all the wrong reasons?

Doesn't many other breeds out there also attract the undesirables?? I'm sure they're not all attracted to the bull breeds!

And as much as everyone hates this one, there Is the fact that sometimes the attacks published are not by an APBT, therefore causing more hysteria among the general public!

And we get told to stop arguing the breed Id as It makes no difference, well I ask how does a wrong ID do any good for a breed that Is already In the firing line??

well, how are you goning to stop attracting the worong kind of owners to this breed??

They have a fearsome reputation for aggression and fighting and often assotiated with criminals, gangs,organised crime etc. Some people like this.

They can also make top fighting dogs, if thats what people want them for.

So why wouldn't this attract the undsirables? Why would they go for a poodle instead?

Im talking about the breeds as wholes. Not rare individuals in both breeds.

Hunting with Staffies in Australia is more popular than you might think and gaining in popularity.

Very handy with foxes and rabbits.

What breed do you own?

Edited by rottiadora

the truth is the percentage of Apbt owners seems to be the undesirable type, so obviously us "desirable" owners go unoticed, doesnt mean we are not around, and it certainly doesnt mean we should have to suffer because no one would help us when we will openly admit its not something we can tackle on our own.

i would assume that you wouldnt have a clue about it, but there are actually lots and lots of Apbt owners that are too scared to even admit their breed or even worse go deeper underground to protect their beloved family pet. thre are also plenty of other decent folk who have allready been beaten down that low with it they will break the laws and continue to own and breed their animals in the background because they feel we have allready been beaten.

you may comment against that but it is a reality, and put it into perspective by summing up what you would have to go through to get to that stage?

i even have people that have stopped being around me, because i write letters, and openly state my stance they see me as someone who will be targeted in the future regardless of wheather i follow the rules.

Hi Chris,

I am really pleased that where I am the Rangers etc are really supportive.

I really think Councils etc could do more good if they sent out notices explaining to people the laws in regards to restricted dogs.

In the last few years I have had so many issues with people acting 'ridiculously' around my dogs and the Rangers have always been helpful.

From people letting their dogs 'rush' us, barking and growling to kids/people kicking my fences and stirring up the dogs, throwing stuff at the dogs. The Rangers have always been really great in helping deal with these idiots.

One guy (on our walks) will tell his cattlex dog to "get us" then when it gets close he'll call it back, then tells it to 'get us' again, then calls it back. (this is in an area for ONLEASH ONLY, but his dog is never on a leash)

My girl gets scared as she has her muzzle on and has been attacked twice with her muzzle on and couldn't defend herself.

He seemed to think IF his dog got too close and there was a fight that my dog would be in 'sh*t' and be blamed as she was the restricted dog. (people forget phones have video/camera)

Most people who do not own restrcited dogs have no real idea of the laws regarding them.

Some people who do own restricted dogs still have no idea.

I know of some areas where walking a restricted dog gets you nothing but dirty looks and rude comments.

I am so glad here it isn't like that. (apart from a few idiots who are trying to stir them up)

Doit4thedogs, yet again you have taken someones post disected the parts you wanted and put a slight twist in the words to read it how you would like it to read not how it was meant to be read......

Rottnbullies , never wrote anything about Bsl making irresponsible owners they have written that bsl has PUSHED THEM FURTHER UNDERGROUND, so if you read it properly you will understand that rottnbullies statement has agknowledged the fact they already existed, cancelling out the need for your question.

Rotnbullies has also stated that parading pitbulls around in pink ribbons , will not stop the idiots from owning these dogs.

none of us have the solution for the problem hence why you see us sitting around here debating with you!

i have asked for your opinion on a solution but im yet to get anything but an argument.

obviously anything short of the pro bsl side,

What do you think would work ?

How would you go about it?

How would you change the type of people who own them for the right reasons?

Nannas, im glad you have it good with your rangers, i would be getting whatever info you can about the moron with the cattle dog and report him , because you never know what will happen, and having that idiot do that may make a steady happy dog unsteady and you would hate to have that idiot ruin your dogs walks for ever. obviously the last thing we would want is a fearfull apbt, thats when things can go bad.

Doit4thedogs, yet again you have taken someones post disected the parts you wanted and put a slight twist in the words to read it how you would like it to read not how it was meant to be read......

Rottnbullies , never wrote anything about Bsl making irresponsible owners they have written that bsl has PUSHED THEM FURTHER UNDERGROUND, so if you read it properly you will understand that rottnbullies statement has agknowledged the fact they already existed, cancelling out the need for your question.

Rotnbullies has also stated that parading pitbulls around in pink ribbons , will not stop the idiots from owning these dogs.

none of us have the solution for the problem hence why you see us sitting around here debating with you!

i have asked for your opinion on a solution but im yet to get anything but an argument.

obviously anything short of the pro bsl side,

What do you think would work ?

How would you go about it?

How would you change the type of people who own them for the right reasons?

Why not set out some goals for starters?

So what do you want to achieve?

- Abolish all BSL?

- Ablosh BSL on Apbts only?

- Change the image of the apbt?

- Prove that the apbt is no threat?

- Prove that the breed of a dog doesn't matter?

- Stop attracting the wrong crowd to the breed?

Why not make a list of short term and long term goals?

and why not look at other breeds and whats happening there?

Instead of getting all defensive etc.

getting defensive kind of happens after years getting treated like a second class citizen because of what breed you own.

im still not sure if you are actually being serious here .

Answering questions with questions or avoiding them is getting nowhere.

pretty sure im over it.

getting defensive kind of happens after years getting treated like a second class citizen because of what breed you own.

pretty sure im over it.

no im not serious. and its seems youre not serious about it either.

pretty sure im over it.

no im not serious. and its seems youre not serious about it either.

Seriously doit4thedogz... What breed do you own?

Rottnbullies , your post didnt need spelling out.

doit4whatever, you are not being serious, everytime you are asked a question you avoid it or pose another question back at us instead of just answering it.

Lo-Pan had to answer for you.

and im if you are being serious simply because a couple of your questions are just stupid.

Why would anyone want to only remove the apbt from the bsl list?? thats so stupid it doesnt even warrant an answer.

there is really only one relevant question out of all of them but as i said im unsure how serious you are being

Why not recommend an easier dog for the average family?

What's an easier dog?

Tosa Inu,

BoearBoel,

Presa,

Fila,

Dogo,

Cane Corso,

Kangal,

Bully Kutta,

Dosa Inu,

Caucasian Ovcharka,

Central Asia Shepherd Dog ,

They all are suitable for the average family. What we need is more dogs like these recommded to familys, especially in the suburbs. As nanny dogs, kids playmates, etcc every household needs one of them because they are so easy to take care of and handle and no experience necessary.

You state these dogs are easier have you ever owned one???

Nope you own APBT's/AST :):laugh::) it took you 2 years to edited your posts and remove American. Why?????

tybrax

Edited by tybrax