4 M/o Puppy & Dominant Behaviour?

Serket

OT from OP's original post but was discussed. I agree with you Serket re not letting Gypsy dictate her breakfast time. No way I want to be getting up at 5.30am for breaky :laugh: With my dogs I don't have a feeding schedule at all and that way they NEVER bother me about it because there is no schedule to keep to. Generally I feed them twice a day but those two meals could happen at any time and won't necessarily come in a bowl. But then once maybe twice a week I'll only feed them once a day and just add extra to their next days ration or feed them 3 times the next day (on a Saturday perhaps).

I spread their food out between training (this could be used in one session during the day or 5 depends on my schedule), kongs, treat balls, thrown on the floor and a bowl.

This works great for me because I'm one of these people who doesn't have a set schedule but for other people it may not work as well. But I'm lucky in the fact that my dogs will sleep in until noon with me if I want and not bug me for breakfast :laugh: But as soon as I do get up irrelevant of the time its always puppy zoomie time :thumbsup:

THere was a time though that they did have a morning and night schedule at at about 7pm every night Chip would put his nose in the bowl and push it around with the 'c'mon mum wheres dinner, you're late!!'look. Then if I was late from work or out at dinner/drinks or something at 7pm I always felt guilty about not giving them dinner yet. Never again!

Edited by kiesha09