Which Clippers To Buy?

Jibba

I have been looking at the Oster A5 2 speed. I am willing to pay about $300 and first use will be on an extremely matted coat, and they will only ever be used for pet trimming not show dogs.

Hi there jibba these days I would go for the Wahl SS, the KM2 do tend to rev a little to high on the second speed for my liking, but there again everyone to themselves. I am an old fuss-pot. :laugh:

Clipperworld is the place to buy clippers these days, I wouldn't go anywhere else, they have a quick responce if you have any problems.

Dont even think about Osters, the motors still have brass bush bearings in the motors(old technology), that is why they get hot, and Oster don't intend to change their ways.

The parts are expensive for Oster clippers, Wahl clipper parts are a ok price. :laugh:

I have been looking at the Oster A5 2 speed. I am willing to pay about $300 and first use will be on an extremely matted coat, and they will only ever be used for pet trimming not show dogs.

Hi there jibba these days I would go for the Wahl SS, the KM2 do tend to rev a little to high on the second speed for my liking, but there again everyone to themselves. I am an old fuss-pot. :laugh:

Clipperworld is the place to buy clippers these days, I wouldn't go anywhere else, they have a quick responce if you have any problems.

Dont even think about Osters, the motors still have brass bush bearings in the motors(old technology), that is why they get hot, and Oster don't intend to change their ways.

The parts are expensive for Oster clippers, Wahl clipper parts are a ok price. :laugh:

You need to actually handle the different brands to feel how they fit in your hand.

I personally like and use Andis Pro 2 speeds but I'd really recommend you test each to see how you like them.

Yes, I do agree the Andis Pro 2 is a good clipper, but once the top case starts to wear inside where the slides are for the off & on switch, and the high & low speed starts to wear, you have problems, and it get worse, but when new, yes they are fine, but a bit pricey for what the clipper has to do for this particular person.

I will add a little plug here for Clipper world. I bought a set of the Wahl KM2 from their ebay site on Friday. It arrived yesterday!

I bought a package that had an extra blade (size 5) and size 10 blade.

I also got (and wasn't expecting) a pair of scissors, another size 10 blade and a bag to store all my gear in!

Very quick service and freebies I wasn't expecting. :)

All for only $235! (+$12 postage)

I will add a little plug here for Clipper world. I bought a set of the Wahl KM2 from their ebay site on Friday. It arrived yesterday!

I bought a package that had an extra blade (size 5) and size 10 blade.

I also got (and wasn't expecting) a pair of scissors, another size 10 blade and a bag to store all my gear in!

Very quick service and freebies I wasn't expecting. thumbsup1.gif

All for only $235! (+$12 postage)

I had fantastic service from them last week. My clippers were here in less than 24 hours with a few handy freebies chucked in :thumbsup::rasberry: