Sony Dslr

lic_82

I'm just wondering who else here has a Sony DSLR?

I have an A200

I have the same one!! I have just working out how to use it properly (got it for christmas last year)!!

I recall reading somewhere that Sony camera's were essentially rebadge Nikon. Some sort of deal between Nikon and Sony about producing the internal hardware and lenses.

Feel free to correct me.

I saw a comparison article in a photographic magazine and they had a canon, nikon and a sony all in the equivalent models. They did comparisons of a lot of the features and photographed the same thing with each of the cameras and show. In some instances i was much more impressed by the sony than the nikon, a couple were really just as good as canon. It was interesting.

I love my camera but will be looking for some new lenses soon and have no idea what to get

I saw a comparison article in a photographic magazine and they had a canon, nikon and a sony all in the equivalent models. They did comparisons of a lot of the features and photographed the same thing with each of the cameras and show. In some instances i was much more impressed by the sony than the nikon, a couple were really just as good as canon. It was interesting.

I love my camera but will be looking for some new lenses soon and have no idea what to get

Oh please share what you find out about lenses.

I am a bit blonde when it comes to cameras (like was siting there for a day trying to work out why the camera wouldnt take any more pics- answer.... Memory was full :walkdog: ) but am really starting to enjoy taking pictures. This is my first purpose bought camera (even my little snappies were freebies) Its just a pain that I have dark shiny dogs that make it a little difficult to learn!

I think that in a few months I will be ready fro a new lens too.

Edited by woofenpup

I went a bit crazy with lenses in the beginning and find most of them never get used.

I have a

Tamron 18-250 which is on my camera most of the time

Tamron 90mm Macro 1.1 which I very rarely touch

Tamron 11-18 Wide angle lens that I have only used four times

Sony kit lenses 75-300 I never use

Carl Zeiss 16-80 this was a very expensive lenses that I should use more often

I also have a Sony HVL-F42am external flash and a tripod

The problem is I mostly take my camera and my small camera bag that only fits my camera with the lenses attached. My other camera bag is way to heavy to carry around so it just gets left at home.

I did a short course at tafe but that was only the tip of the ice berg, the more I learn the more there is to learn.

My biggest problem I have, is a lot of my pictures are too dark and this camera does not use flash unless I remember to lift it up.

I did try a canon and a Pentax before deciding on my Sony, Teds camera house let me take home each one for a week to try them out. Since upgrading to the A700 I realise how much I miss the tilting screen on my A350

OK mish you have done a VERY VERY bad bad bad thing!!

Since looking at all the pics on here- and realising that I have finally worked out how to use the camera- well enough that I am not a complete beginner. I have decided that I want to get a new lense to try and improve some more!! I have been using the Kit Lense and as a complete beginner I didnt realise how 'unsharp' the pictures were- and have started to suffer jealousness at others pics!!

So I mainly take pics using the 18-70 kit lens BUT I do take pics of flyball and at dog shows and need to zoom in more for them and have been using the kit 75-300. I have been looking at reviews of all the lenses but still cant make up my mind!!!

I was thinking of the Tamron 18-250 and just wanted to ask what you thought of it? I guess since Mish usually uses it it must be alright?? Or do I go for the Tamron 17-50 and look at getting another lens in a few months time for flyball etc????

Any other suggestions are welcome- as well as the cheepest place to buy a good lens!!

OK mish you have done a VERY VERY bad bad bad thing!!

Since looking at all the pic :) s on here- and realising that I have finally worked out how to use the camera- well enough that I am not a complete beginner. I have decided that I want to get a new lense to try and improve some more!! I have been using the Kit Lense and as a complete beginner I didnt realise how 'unsharp' the pictures were- and have started to suffer jealousness at others pics!!

So I mainly take pics using the 18-70 kit lens BUT I do take pics of flyball and at dog shows and need to zoom in more for them and have been using the kit 75-300. I have been looking at reviews of all the lenses but still cant make up my mind!!!

I was thinking of the Tamron 18-250 and just wanted to ask what you thought of it? I guess since Mish usually uses it it must be alright?? Or do I go for the Tamron 17-50 and look at getting another lens in a few months time for flyball etc????

Any other suggestions are welcome- as well as the cheepest place to buy a good lens!!

I am a bad, bad girl ;) never listen to me just ask my husband, he says I dont know how to keep my wallet in my bag.

I have played with a few of the newer Sony DSLRs and realy like them :laugh:. These have been only with kit lenses on so i would like to see what some of the other lenses are like.