Where Can I Buy Dog Trousers?

I have a 16 months old full male Affie and he is my first male dog (I didn't think about this problem). His hair around the skirt is growing longer and longer. Can someone please tell me where I can buy a "trousers" for him so his skirt hair won't get wet and matted? Or is there any other way I can achieve the same result?

Thank you in advance.

I used to lightly spray my Afghan bitches coat with oil and then plait it and roll the plaits up and attach them with a cloth hair elastic. You just need to be sure that they don't get chewed and remove them, gently brush out and then replait daily.

I do the same with my American Cocker boys around their tummy and piddle feathers when they're in full coat as well.

I used to lightly spray my Afghan bitches coat with oil and then plait it and roll the plaits up and attach them with a cloth hair elastic. You just need to be sure that they don't get chewed and remove them, gently brush out and then replait daily.

I do the same with my American Cocker boys around their tummy and piddle feathers when they're in full coat as well.

My problem is his hair is long enough to get wet but not long enough to be plaited. :cry:

Personally, I wouldn't be using trousers or anything else on an adolescent coated dog on a full-time basis. I have tried it and all it did was make them matt up more and more quickly.

The only way to deal with wet hair and to prevent it from becoming matted is correct and regular grooming.

Edited by ellz

Personally, I wouldn't be using trousers or anything else on an adolescent coated dog on a full-time basis. I have tried it and all it did was make them matt up more and more quickly.

The only way to deal with wet hair and to prevent it from becoming matted is correct and regular grooming.

Agreed, full time would not be a good idea.

Sorry I was not specific. I just got excited at the idea of chaps on dogs :laugh:

I will only use it when we go out. He doesn't do his business when he is inside the house.

I will only use it when we go out. He doesn't do his business when he is inside the house.

That's fine, BUT you will still need to regroom him after he has worn them, even if they are only used when you go out. So it kind of defeats the purpose of using them anyway.

The reality is that for young dogs of ANY long-coated breed, if you want coat, you have to work. Shortcuts not only don't work, they more often than not create MORE work.

Having coat is a big job from conception to the end of their lives.

Good coat is BRED for, FED for and CARED for.